Bole Rock Hotel

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Bole Rock Hotel - Construction junction
Bole Rock Hotel - Our cute hotel, with always a lack of parking spots -- have to be inventive :-)
Bole Rock Hotel - pool and cafe
Bole Rock Hotel - church right next door
Bole Rock Hotel - hotel being built nearby

Bole Rock Hotel Addis Ababa Reviews

kayguarnay kayguarn…
Bole Home Rock Apr 11, 2015
I spent 6 weeks at the Bole Rock and stayed in 2 different rooms. This is a small guest house/hotel complex with some of the most friendly staff around. I had stayed in 4 different hotels while in Ethiopia and I must say that this place was really top notch. The hotel itself only has about 15 rooms, some are suites and others are standard rooms. There is free wifi which worked fairly well (except that they are building a bigger hotel next door that would occasionally shut off the connection). Every morning a full breakfast is included in the cost of the stay. For me this meant endless plates of fresh fruit, beautiful avocado or pineapple juices (freshly squeezed), and toast or pancakes with shay spriss (tea with espresso).

I even got to use their great indoor pool and extensive gym (which is quite popular with not just the hotel guests. They have a bar upstairs from the cafe and two full fooseball tables -- trust me, these are worth your time! They billiards and darts as well.

The best part is on the third floor of the gym they have a full spa! and the best swedish deep tissue massage I've had in my life! I had spent hours in contorted positions while teaching medical students and residents and the massage was simply heaven on earth to my exhausted muscles.

Bole Rock is in a very nice location close to the airport, with a reliable shuttle, and walking distance to some of the best smoothie, beer and cupcake places around! If you're into the mall scene, the three or 4 malls nearby won't disappoint!

In general, when I come back to Addis, I hope to stay here again. It was a great place to be!

The only negative, is there are still smoking rooms and I wish they would put those somewhere you didn't have to walk through on the way to your NONsmoking room. Otherwise, nice job!
Construction junction