Bole International Airport Addis Ababa

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Bole International Airport Addis Ababa Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Travelling through Addis Ababa's Bole International Mar 01, 2009
It's been over ten years since I traveled through Addis Ababa's Bole airport. The first time I went to Addis Abba on business and the second time I was on my way tot he US. This airport is nothing compared to others I have traveled through. But it gets the job done. I would not want to spend a two hour lay over in Addis primarily because of the crowds. It seems a lot of refugees leaving the country of Ethiopia and Somalia all travel through Bole International using Ethiopian airlines to New Jersey's Newark Airport.

I have not traveled through it for ten or so years and I hope that that has changed or there have been some rennovations. In june of 2008 I made a stop at Bole International enroute to Entebbe but never left the Emirates flight I was travelling on. The outside looked well kept.
Africancrab says:
Well that is exciting news indeed. Improved services always encourage travelers to go through particular airports. Bravo to Bole International.
Posted on: Mar 22, 2010
parag_rikhav says:
In March 2008 Bole International Airport became the first airport in Africa to implement 2D barcoded boarding passes for all international and domestic flights.
Posted on: Mar 22, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Bole International Airport Addis Ababa

Addis Ababa Bole International Airport
ADD - One might expect that the airport in Ethiopia would be dirty, dangerous, and old (at least I did). But surprisingly, Bole was a newer airport and is kept reasonably cleaned. It isn't … ADD - One might expect that the airport in Ethiopia would be dirty, dangerous, and old (at least I did…

Check Addis Ababa Hotel Deals