Bokor Mountain

Bokor Mountain  - Old Casino Hotel

Bokor Mountain Kampot Reviews

aero3 aero3
Side trip to Kampot Dec 24, 2012
After Siem Reap and a couple days in Phnom Penh next day off to Kampot. A 5 hour rough bus ride via Kep,the road from Kep to Kampot being the worst with new bridges being installed. My hotel Le Java Bleue was a delight and the Chinese room was unique and quiet at night, that is after the recorded bird noises are switched off from across the road's loft.

I rented a Honda for two days $8, covering 140Km on 3 litre of gas which sees me around Bokor mountain, the zoo, river and town; I left out Kep as I did not trust the roads.

It is an early suppers and to bed Town, though one bar had a reasonable local singer guitarist and Barang percussionist, and then there is Oh Neils, otherwise bars are dead after 11pm.

Got the Kampot express to PP for $8,great,only 9 passenger seats, direct on route 3 and took three hours hotel to hotel; there office in PP is on a gas station forecourt 215St; there was no tuk tuk at the station and I gallantly climbed aboard a moto, pleased it was a short journey to 174St, my wheely bag was stuffed between the drivers legs, well worth $2.
Old Casino Hotel