Boisdale of Canary Wharf

Cabot Pl, London, United Kingdom

Boisdale of Canary Wharf London Reviews

DAO DAO
Too Much Mar 22, 2017
If you have £1,367.80 ($2188.48) you can have a rare Macallan Whiskey 1946 56 year cask. This is not the bottle; it is a 50cl or effectively 2 shots. I think you get the idea. This is a very expensive restaurant and I just don’t get it. It is a massive restaurant that even has a stage for live music. I found it to be like sitting in a large gymnasium and the chairs kind of added to that.

Service was ok, and the food was ok. For the prices they charge, it should be fantastic. Even the toilets, on a different level, were down a bare metal corridor. It just feels a little industrial in here and anything but intimate. I booked a set deal on the OpenTable website. Between my deal and a beer (1), it was all I could afford. This is a place for rich bankers to buy expensive whiskeys and entertain clients. It does have a sort of vibrant environment, but it was all a bit too much for me.

Too big, too expensive and the food not too good. My Caesar Salad was wonderful, but the lobster left a bit to be desired. For this sort of money, I would like something a bit more intimate.

If you do want to eat here on a regular basis, you can actually buy a membership here.
AdamR3723 says:
I will give it a miss!
Posted on: Mar 22, 2017
jhoc jhoc
Traditional Scot food in London Jun 10, 2009
The Boisdale is a great combination of live jazz music, cigars, traditional pub and fine dining. I went to dine recently and was very impressed with the quality, prices and atmosphere.

The menu is loaded with traditional Scottish foods including a collection of steak cuts. I went for the Haggis, it felt right! They have a regular special for £13 which is two courses they select called the Flying Scotsman, or the 1870 menu which is a selection of traditional starters and mains for £18.70 (one of each). You can mix and match anyway you like and be sure to make some selections off of the wine list which has a wide range for everyone's taste.

The food and service were great and for London dining I felt the prices were great. If you're in town and coming through the train station why not pop in and leave England saying you were able to eat good food.

Check London Hotel Deals