Bohol, Philippines

Bohol Bee Farm Reviews

janski janski
Organic by the Beach Jul 10, 2011
There was a couple who suggested we should try Bohol Bee Farm for their food and drinks. So the next day, we rented a motorbike and headed straight to it.

It was just around 5-7kms from Alona Beach, around 10-15 minutes, depending on how fast you drive =)

When we got there, we just loved the concept of the place. Old furnitures and cozy-homey kind of atmosphere. Ofcourse, we headed straight to where the food are. First, checked those they are selling, tasted a little bit of everything. A must try are their hot choco and coconut wine!

Then we headed down to the restaurant, where the atmosphere was even better. Since we love organic stuff, it was the best place to check out the food. Choosing was the hard part. After a little bit of contemplation, we decided to get the herb pasta and cheese pizza - best combination! No doubt, the food taste sooo great and everything homemade. From the complimentary squash bread with their pesto spread to the 2 carb-overloaded food we ordered, everthing was just spectacular. You know that the chef or whoever made it was keen on making the food with the best ingredients they have. Who will go wrong on ordering anything with herbs since they have their own grown herbs around, right?!

To top it off, they have homemade ice cream too! From the typical chocolate flavor to their ube (water yam) and pandan ice cream, it was so good too!

Definitely worth going back for. My friend has a list of the food he will order the next time he goes back... which is tomorrow?! =)
Signage from the outside to Bohol …
Compliments from the kitchen =)
Homebaked crust cheese pizza!
janski says:
Yay! Danke shoen =)
Posted on: Jul 10, 2011
Enigmaa says:
I second that! :) Good review Jan!
Posted on: Jul 10, 2011
yves_ces yves_ces
Nice little nook in bohol Jun 24, 2011
Bohol bee farm is a private house owned by a filipna who lived abroad and went back home and built a beach house for her family. Afterwards she opened the place as a tourist destination, where u can see organic farming, bee farm, and have fresh veggie meal. Overall the place is good for a 1-2 days trip by yourself or with your family/friends. U can talk to the tour guide to give you tips on organic farming (if you are into eco-living). You can also visit a weaving house within the vicinity, where they weave authentic cloths (you can buy as souvenier and also buy a couple of freshly harvested bottle honey bee). Bring good book to lounge around the hammocks near the huts. It's a nice, cozy place away from city life.
Amrisalem Amrisalem
Best place to dine in Bohol Aug 19, 2010

staff are cheerful, quick service.

you get the Buffet served on your table, you do not have to go anywhere.

the food is really good.

4 Course Set Menu for PHP500 per person, no comment :)

it's too far from the airport, you need to arrange for a private ride, but it is some how close to Bohol attractions.

i would recommend dinning there after you get done with your tour, would be the perfect end for your tour.

if you are looking for a stay, you need to book in advance as they were fully booked, i have asked one of the Filipino family/guests to show me their room, i can not forget how sweet and kind they were, before i talk about their room, i would like to mention that they have a villa that looked really attractive and cheerful, glass all over, sunlight coming from all directions and over looking the ocean. the per night rate was around PHP5000, do not remember exactly..

besides the villa, the Farm has several room types, the room that the kind guests showed me was clean, simple and basic but not very cheerful as it had one window. but in general Bohol hotels are neither as expensive nor sophisticated as Cebu.

all in all, a very good experience

enjoy :)
side view from the sun deck
flowers salad with honey mustard s…
the_bloodsucker the_bloo…
A Healthy Option! Mar 25, 2008
Anyone who’s been to Bohol would agree that there’s no better way to spend your lunch than take the Loboc River Cruise. But sometimes, all floating restaurants get full, leaving those that cannot be accommodated anymore with extreme disappointment.

But on the contrary, during my last visit to Bohol, I appreciated that I encountered such a situation for I was able to discover an extraordinary find--- THE BOHOL BEE FARM RESTAURANT.

Discreetly located in Dauis, Panglao Island, The Bohol Bee Farm Resto is a nature-themed diner almost hidden from the world. We actually went here to check out the bee sanctuary, but we can’t help but appreciate the cozy restaurant literally nestled in lush greens and quiet paths where guests can communicate with nature while enjoying an interesting smorgasbord of organic delights. With the breathtaking view of the Panglao Beach, how can you just leave without treating your stomach out?

Being almost carnivore, i tried their signatured spare ribs (sold at PhP200 or USD5) which comes with an organic rice and salad. Initially, i thought that the three flowers topping the salad were just decorative garnishing. But i was told me they’re actually part of the meal. Okay, while they looked too colorful to be edible, they also appeared too interesting to be ignored... and so I didn’t miss the chance of introducing them to my taste buds... and Holla! They tasted just like your regular greens! I was so proud of myself that I was able to eat flowers for the first time! Woot!

For my beverage, I ordered their Tanglad Iced Tea (PhP40 or USD1). With the twist of the lemon grass flavor that I so loved. It was so refreshing that I ended up ordering another glass. Need I say more? Too bad they don’t have a refillable version.

The resto also offers other dishes of organic ingredients such as Fresh Herb Pasta (PhP180 or USD4.50), the highly recommended Camote (sweet potato) Pasta (PhP160 or USD4), Coriander Soup, of course rich in Coriander leaves and stems (PhP160 or USD4), Halang-Halang (organic chicken) soup, Spicy Kinilaw Talong, broiled eggplant with coconut milk (PhP160 or USD4). Of course, how will they miss on offering honeyed desserts such as Ube Fries with Honey (PhP80 or USD2), Camote Pie (PhP60 or USD1.5) and their home-made ice cream with flavor of your choice (Mango, Buko, Nangka or Rainbow which is the combination of all flavors) sold at PhP 80 or USD2.

It is also interesting to know that the owner and chef Vicky Wallace herself prepares these delicious meals from organically-grown vegetables on her farm. Like Vicky, her staff were so friendly which is but casual among Boholanos.

Wow, I highly recommend dining at Bohol Bee Farm. Take it from someone who, apart from travelling, is crazy for good food. =D

Ms. Vicky Wallace

Dao, Dauis, Panglao Island, Bohol

My beverage- Lemon Grass Iced Tea
I'm eating the petals!
sweettangerine says:
Congratz on the feature! This surely is a pace I'd love to try out!
nellalaz says:
going to Bohol in November! Definitely have to try meal at this place!
montecarlostar says:
Congrats on the review!

Related Travel Blogs About Bohol Bee Farm

Bohol Bee Farm
We flew via Phillipine Airlines from Manila to Tagbilaran airport and arrived around 10am, then, we had to wait for like 20mins to get our luggage as the luggages were manually br…Bohol Bee Farm for lunch before bringing us to our resort, Bohol Beach Club.  we arrived…
Bee in my bonnet
I didn't leave for Cebu today.  I just eased into the decision, while I had breakfast at Taver's restaurant.  A big "American" breakfast consisting of 4 pcs. of toast, bacon, 2 eggs, tea an…Bohol Bee Farm in the afternoon.  The longer I'd been traveling the more I wanted to slow…
Eight Hours in Bohol
It had just been 2 days but it seemed we have done and seen a lot of things already. And today, we were off for Bohol... The supposed "highlight" of this trip. We took the 6AM OceanJet ferry ou…Bohol Bee Farm (I have written a review on this). We were able to finish everything by 4PM, just…

Check Bohol Hotel Deals