Bodrum Turkey

Turkey

Bodrum Turkey Reviews

alectrevor alectrev…
Bodrum Turkey Apr 02, 2017
Bodrum is on the West coast of Turkey a lovely resort,with nice friendly people. The currency is the new Turkish lire YTL. I stayed at Su Hotel Bodrum in a narrow side street of main road, nice and quite.I loved to wander round Bodrum s waterfront and streets with the Grand Bazaar. I was not hassled by shopkeepers as sometimes happens in Turkey. At the edge of Bodrum is a ruin of Myndus Gate ,part of the old city of Halikamassos,the old name of Bodrum.-- Also took a look round Bodrum castle. named St Peter. --I had a couple of meals at Alibaba cafe, friendly waiters.-- From Bodrum i went on a Mini Bus trip to Ephesus,bus picked me up near hotel,early start,stop for breakfast,lunch included,and guide for Ephesus. At the end of tour disembarked near hotel . I booked this tour at office near castle, i thought good value. A tip is take a bottle of water and wear a cap of hat,has there is no shelter from the sun.--A nearby village to Bodrum is Gumbet,i took a Dolmus [mini bus],about 15 minutes,just pay the driver.-I had arrived in Bodrum by bus from Marmaris,left by ferry to Kos Greece,ferry journey about one hour. I enjoyed Bodrum.
Bus from Marmaris to Bodrum