Bodega Phuket

Check Phuket Hotel Deals

Bodega Phuket Reviews

vix1 vix1
Best Hostel in Phuket Apr 08, 2012
This is without doubt the best hostel I've stayed in during my hostel staying career. The hostel itself is pretty superior compared to many others I've stayed in terms of the fact the eight bed mixed dorm is big and airy, each bed has its on reading light, there were two bathrooms, one indoors and the other outside. There's a kitchen where the cook makes the food, she does a great breakfast and chicken fried rice :) There's free internet and wifi and although there isn't laundry on site there a place across the road that does. The place is absolutely spotless, mainly due to the fact the cleaning staff are there all day and into the evening, which doesn't even happen in some hotels let alone hostels.

There are smaller dorm rooms but if you require a bit of extra privacy there are singular or double rooms, in the hotel extension, which is directly opposite the hostel.

What really makes this place so excellent though is the staff, who make you feel like part of the family immediately, staff and guests congregate in the bar area and people who aren't even staying at the hostel (or some who were but didn't book their rooms in advance) come by for drinks and a party. Bee and Ra are absolutely amazing, two of the nicest people and they make the best smoothies! Rahm DJ's on a friday night(or maybe it was a saturday - the old memory, or possibly the drinks have meddled with my memory), he came to Bangla Road with us making sure the guys could get into the bars we were going to without having to pay high entry fees and making sure the girls were ok and pointing out the lady-boys to us all (to save any embarrassment!). Also Kristen (who doesn't work at Bodega, but really should) is an amazing addition to the hostel and if there are any western style creature comforts that you're seeking - she's the lady that can point you in the right direction.

I can't say enough nice things about this place, all the travellers that stayed here seem to be of the same mindset and were up for meeting other travellers, so it's nice and easy to meet people.

I would recommend this place to any and everyone and I can't wait to go back, I also hear the owners are opening a Bodega in Bangkok this year - I hope they can replicate the ethos and atmosphere.
cherry_apple cherry_a…
Affordable,Good Location,Comfortable backpakers hostel Aug 18, 2011
My friend and I spend two-nights at this hostel. We occupied the double bed room with A/C and private bath for 800THB per night.The room have basic utilities like mini-fridge,dressing table,wardrobe,tv-set, and a balcony.Most importantly,it has private bathroom with hot shower. The housekeeping is also done everyday.Like most of the accommodations in Patong beach,it is located within walking distances to every places in Patong Area. Patong beach is about 5 mins walk,the bangla road(the strip road)is about 3 mins walk and stalls selling street foods and goodies are available along the street nearby. Or you can order from the hostel.The staffs are also very friendly and helpful. Easy to get information and usually the staff will help to get you transportation if you want to go other nearby beaches like Karon Beach,etc.I recommend this hostel simply because of the good price they offer (for me as a backpacker) and what you get in returns for your money.I will stay here again if i ever come back to Phuket.
The double room with Aircond