"Bodega & Cuadra" Site Museum

  based on 1 review   write a review

Jr. Ancash 213, Lima, Peru
4281644

"Bodega & Cuadra" Site Museum Lima Reviews

Nana_gincin Nana_gin…
71 reviews
Museo de SItio 'Bodega y Cuadra' / Bodega & Cuadra Site Museum Jan 18, 2014
En la antigua casona republicana de los Bodega y Cuadra, y durante la colonia perteneció a la Orden Jesuita, ha sido durante los trabajos de restauración que se han descubierto restos de otra construcción bajo la misma, además de piezas de cerámica de las culturas Lima, Inca y Chancay, como utensilios coloniales y porcelana china de la dinastía Ming, todas ellas han sido puestas en exhibición.

El nombre del museo obedece a uno de los dueños de la propiedad, el comerciante y naviero de origen vasco Tomás de la Bodega y Quadra quien en 1748, dos años después del terremoto que destruyó Lima, la compró a la familia De la Cueva y en la cual construyó una casa de tres puertas.

En la parte posterior del inmueble, a siete metros bajo el nivel del suelo y delimitado por un tajamar –especie de dique construido en el siglo XVII para detener las crecidas del Rímac–, se encuentra un yacimiento de la época colonial con arcos, corredores y una plaza con canto rodado, ambientes que sirvieron como bodegas, allí se encontraron varias botijas de pisco. En esta casa nació el navegante Juan Francisco de la Bodega y Quadra, militar peruano muy reconocido en Canadá pues descubrió la zona de Vancouver, fue un oficial criollo de la Armada española nacido en el Virreinato del Perú. Navegó desde el puerto de San Blas (actual México) entre 1774 y 1778, exploró la costa del Océano Pacífico del noroeste de América llegando hasta Alaska.

Este es un Museo de Puertas Abiertas, la entrada es gratuita.

----------------------

In ancient republican house of Bodega y Cuadra, and during the colony belonged to the Jesuit Order, has been for the restoration works that have been discovered remains of another building under the same, plus pottery cultures Lima, Chancay and Inca, and colonial utensils and porcelain china from the Ming dynasty, which have been put on display .

The name of the museum is due to one of the owners of the property, the merchant and shipowner basque origin Thomas of Bodega y Quadra who in 1748, two years after the earthquake that destroyed Lima, bought it the family De la Cueva and which built a house with three doors.

In the back of the property , seven meters below ground level and enclosed by a breakwater dam - kind built in the seventeenth century to stop the flooding of the Rimac river-, is a site of colonial arches, corridors and a square with boulder that served as storage environments, there several jars of pisco were found. In this house was born explorer Juan Francisco de la Bodega y Quadra , Peruvian military as well known in Canada because discovered the Vancouver area, was a native Spanish naval officer born in the Viceroyalty of Peru. He sailed from the port of San Blas (now Mexico ) between 1774 and 1778 , he explored the coast of the Pacific Northwest of America coming to Alaska.

This is a museum "open house", the entrance is free.
The facade
Arch with logo design Jesuit, disc…
The ancient build under the house.
3 / 3 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Link
Nana_gincin says:
Thank you Jamal!, your support is appreciated always!.
Posted on: Mar 24, 2014
rsvpme says:
Well done Nana..well done !
Posted on: Mar 24, 2014
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!

Check Lima Hotel Deals

Check-in:
Check-out:
Guests:
Rooms:
Lima Map
1 review
1 review - $13
1 review - $93
Lima
photo by: rsvpme