Boca do Inferno

Avenida Rei Humberto II de Itália, Cascais, Portugal
Boca do Inferno - Boca do Inferno (Cascais, Portugal)
Boca do Inferno - Boca do Inferno (Cascais, Portugal)
Boca do Inferno - Boca do Inferno
Boca do Inferno - Rocky coastline at Boca do Inferno

Boca do Inferno Cascais Reviews

slothtraveller slothtra…
Boca do Inferno Feb 03, 2017
This deep crevice in the rocky coast near Cascais is a popular draw for tourists, although I personally failed to see why. Maybe the weather was just too nice and the sea too calm when I visited. In fact it looked rather tranquil, quite a letdown considering its name translated into English is 'The Mouth of Hell'! Furthermore, a number of restaurants and cafes targeting tourists have sprouted up around Boca do Inferno. I went in to buy an icecream in one of them and did not particularly enjoy the quite surly welcome I received. The whole place seemed to be set out to make money from tourists who had walked the road up from Cascais in the summer heat. Personally, I enjoyed the walk from Cascais. Following the coast, there are some pretty houses with azulejo tiling on the walls and the coastline is quite rocky, a sharp contrast to the white sandy beaches of Cascais.

Address: Estrada da Boca do Inferno

Directions: Follow the signs from Cascais.

Phone: +351 21 482 5000

Website: http://www.scotturb.com/turismo/descubra-cascais/item/18-boca-do-inferno
Rocky coastline at Boca do Inferno
Boca do Inferno
Toonsarah says:
I think a lot depends on the weather here - you need high tides and big waves to see it properly. I agree, the walk from Cascais is very nice
Posted on: Feb 04, 2017
sienasera sienasera
Amazing Jun 13, 2011
I visited Boca do Inferno at Cascais after reading about. What's so crazy about a site like this is that you think ok , how great can it be? But from the moment I saw it, I jaw dropped. it's amazing and breathtaking to see such a feat in nature!

Go see it! Plus Cascais is a cute little town in itself
Liselore_Verschuren Liselore…
Mesmerizing! Sep 08, 2010
Boca do Inferno (Portuguese for Hell’s mouth) is a natural sight at the edge of Cascais. At this spot the large pounding waves along some seaside cliffs have formed a large opening after many millions of years, and it has become a popular tourist attraction. The water flowing in- and out of the natural basin is quite mesmerizing.

It’s about a two to three kilometer walk from the centre of Cascais. If you want to walk and it is summer, make sure you go in the early morning or late afternoon otherwise it can be a very hot ordeal.
Boca do Inferno (Cascais, Portugal)
Boca do Inferno (Cascais, Portugal)

Related Travel Blogs About Boca do Inferno

Sintra
To start the day we went to the "Boca do Inferno" in Cascais. I didn't realise it but Alistair Crowley commited suicide there! I really must thank Pedro Ramos for all his help (fellow travbuddy), thi…Boca do Inferno" in Cascais. I didn't realise it but Alistair Crowley commited suicide there! I really must thank…
From the mouth of hell to the blistering sun.
After having walked so much the past days that my legs and feet hurt like hell, I decided to take a day off. Just relax at the swimming pool, read a book and take it easy. But I failed.I did go to th…Cascais that I had not yet seen, so I set out. There was also supposed to be a natural bridge over the gurgling sea, Boca do Inferno

Check Cascais Hotel Deals