Bob's Bar-B-Que

1366 Dillingham Blvd, Honolulu, HI, USA

Bob's Bar-B-Que Honolulu Reviews

tjs123 tjs123
average food Mar 24, 2011
Was underwhelmed but we still had a nice time. The A/C wasnt working when we were there last year but the service made up for it.
TRE69 TRE69
Jonesing for some Local Grindz! May 01, 2008
You can find a plate lunch stand in just about every town in Hawaii. Bob's Bar-B-Que, at the corner of Dillingham Blvd and Waikamilo Rd in the Kalihi neighborhood, was my destination for local grindz as recommended by 1 local...my cousin. Before we even parked the car in the CRAMPED parking lot, you can smell the grill!

Local grindz refers to the mix of traditional Hawaiian fare with cuisine which the Filipino, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, and other immigrant plantation workers brought with them to the islands. Bob's Bar-B-Que does local grindz well...from kalua pork and kalbi to teriyaki beef and katsu chicken. The full sized entrees (average price of $8) come with 2 scoops of rice and a scoop of macaroni salad. We opted for the half-sized meal with 1 scoop of rice and macaroni salad to accompany my teriyaki beef and my cousin's grilled pork chop (each averaged $5). My teriyaki beef was very flavorful...no need to add extra shoyu (soy sauce). The macaroni salad was good...not as good as L&L but still creamy and tasty. My cousin's pork chop looked yummy especially with the grill marks...she liked it too! I was such a bad foodie and I didn't take pictures...boo on me!

The eating area at Bob's Bar-B-Que ain't the Ritz but it gives this joint local, hometown flare...which is outdoor seating on picnic tables! All the grilled meats are cooked to order...always a plus!

So if your wallet is short stacked but you have a chip leader hunger...got to Bob's Bar-b-Que to feed your need!

Check Honolulu Hotel Deals