Bob Marley Mausoleum

Nine Mile, Jamaica

Bob Marley Mausoleum Nine Mile Reviews

haidgirl haidgirl
one love, one heart Apr 13, 2015
I love Bob Marley and there was no way I was coming to Jamaica and NOT coming up to 9 Mile!!

It cost 2100 Jamaican dollars to get in. Once you paid your entrance fee, you wait on the second floor for the tour to start. There is the bar where you can drink and smoke until your heart's content.

We only waited 5 minutes for our tour to start, and there were only about a dozen of us on the tour. Our guide told us who originally lived on the land, his grandparents and how he was raised there until he was 13, then he moved with his parents to Kingston, Trenchtown in Kingston. Our guide went on about how Bob came back to live there and write songs. The guide mentioned different lyrics that pertained to certain areas of the land, or his house. For example the lyric, "We'll share the shelter, of my single bed." We saw the single bed in his house that he sang of.

Bob's grandparents, uncle, brother, mother and Bob himself are all buried here.

I found being in Bob's mausoleum a bit emotional. It's amazing how he is known the world around, and can bring so many different people together. Peace and love!!
first glimpse of the Bob Marley Ma…
gift shop, ticket booth, bar
entrance