Boat BK18 Guestroom

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals

Boat BK18 Guestroom Amsterdam Reviews

magnificent magnific…
Treat Yourself to a Few Nights on a Houseboat Mar 20, 2010
When I traveled through Amsterdam in the 80's I stayed at a variety of hostels or cheap dirty hotel rooms...whatever was available.

As the years went on I sought more comfort and started to stay an nicer local places. On a trip I was taking to Europe in 2008 to visit family I wanted to stay in a houseboat. I found some websites with a wide range in different parts of the city. At first the prices seemed more than I wanted to spend but I am glad I made the step and stayed at BK18 (you will find a list on the website listed). For a single guy it was more on the romantic side but it was extremely comfortable and a very unique experience. Up top was your own deck where you could relax watching tourist go by on big commercial tourist boats taking photos of you/boat or along the canal street families walking and pointing as I waved to them.

There is plenty to do in the area or not! You will fine reasonable restaurants and a wonderful place up the street for some traditional apple pie. You are in walking distance from just about any place you want to visit or just hop on a tram. Purchase a strippenkart when you arrive at the train station it is an easy and inexpensive way to get around because you will mostly walk but the ticket will come in handy. Plenty of entertainment from comedy shows to Jazz clubs to street entertainers. My favorite thing to do is to hook up with St. Nicolas Boat Club for a canal ride, it is much better and more personable that the commercial ones.

Jacky was very helpful. She stays in the main part of the boat and to get to the cabin you walk along the side of the boat and enter from the top climbing down a few stairs. My best sleep in my European travels.
Houseboat welcomes you with artist…

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals