Bluerapa Thai

6 Torphichen Place, Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Bluerapa Thai Edinburgh Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Thai restaurant in Edinbirgh Sep 30, 2012
This is the kind of place you would normally pass by without paying any attention to as it has a rather nondescript street facing facade. We had probably walked by it 5 or 10 times with only the slightest notice. On one evening, however, this seemed to be a place to seek out in memory for my friend and his wife, who I was traveling with. We knew we had passed by, but where? After a bit of navigation we finally remembered.

On entering the place it was empty, but it was rather early for dinner service too. They were fully booked for later, so as long as we finished in an hour or so we could eat. It's a rather small restaurant, seating maybe 30 people maximum. No real special decor to speak of, and wooden tables with random assortment of chairs, which I found a bit odd. Nevertheless, I didn't come for the chair assortment, but to have a meal.

My friends ordered a selection of main course dishes and I decided on having a couple of appetizers to complete a meal (soup and fish cakes). The soup was good, nothing special, but very typical of what I expected. The fish cakes, however, were something special. Nicely seasoned & breaded with moist and tender fish inside. The sauce on the side was an added bonus. My friends enjoyed their dishes from the main course menu as well. All around, good food from the choices we made.

As I said, it's a small place, but there was just one fellow in the front of the house. He was quite friendly and accommodating to our needs. We were finished in under an hour and saw no other patrons in that time. Based on the food we had I can recommend this restaurant. Show up early for a quick and delicious meal or make reservations for dining later is the advice I can offer. Good food at a good price for the time we ate there. Check it out in Edinburgh and it's worth a try based on my experience.
Restaurant Facade
Interior I
Interior II
Interior III
Dr_Seuss says:
Congrats on the feature Brian. Getting your money's worth out of the Scotland blog ;)
vulindlela says:
Congrats!
rsvpme says:
Congratulations on the feature review !

Check Edinburgh Hotel Deals