Blueline Ferries

Split, Croatia

Blueline Ferries Split Reviews

Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
Blueline Ferries Split-Ancona Jul 09, 2010
Often the best way to get the most out of travelling is to journey overnight. Going from Croatia to Italy tis proved almost ideal.

Did mean a late change of plan, as the ferry does not run on a Saturday,so we spent less time in Split than intended, but added Verona at the other side so swings and roundabouts.

Ferry runs at 8-30pm each night, except Saturday, and boarding commences at 6-30pm. We had booked a cabin, as with four of us travelling together it didn't work out much more expensive. Was €140 for the night,so not much more than a hotel cost, plus the advantage of being on the move all night.

Got to say it had been ages since I'd done this, and I found it quite realxing. Must have been the longest we stopped in one place on the whole trip.

Bar and cafe were open on boarding, but restaurants and duty free shop opened after sailing. There were two restaurants, one a self service cafeteria and one a 'proper' restaurant. Both were really quiet, as most folk seemed to have brought there own food and wine on board and sat at tables round the boat .

We opted for the cafeteria, and were soon jealous of the folk that had brought their own grub. Food almost tasted as bad as it looked.Met two English guys, and they didn't even have a clue what it was they were eating.

Surprisingly, not for Croatia, but given the boat was sailing to and fro to Italy, credit cards were not acceprted in the restaurants or duty free shop.

Bar was pretty good, and never had to wait any time to get a drink.Casino stayed ope until 1am, but I'm not into that, so gave it a miss.

Must have headed for bed about midnight, and there were folk already bedded down in the passageways along the boat on couches. There were aircraft style recliners, that came at a cost, but I was really happy now that we had gone for a cabin :-).

Had a great nights kip, and sort of woke up to the piped music coming over the tannoys, but more so at the wife's nagging to get up ;-) She and my son had got up early and gone for a breakfast that cost €6 each, and was just a basic continental style affair. Given the captive audience it wasn't that bad a price.

Boat arrived on time at 7am in Ancona, and we were quickly disembarked,and passport and customs at the harbour were no more than a formality.

Great way to travel, and I would do it again, and use Blueline
MV Ancona
Car Deck
Basins In Cabin
JenniferM9356 says:
Thank you so much for your review! We are taking a ferry from Split to Zadar soon and we were looking at Blue Line.
Posted on: Mar 21, 2016
Dr_Seuss says:
Think folk need to remember it's a ferry, not a cruise ship. The 4 of us actually had quite a lot of fun on the boat, and, as in the review, a decent nights sleep. Only thing I would do differently is take m y own food and some beers on with me.
Posted on: Sep 21, 2012
westwind57 says:
Looks like you had a better experience than the most recent reviewer who booked a VIP-cabin (or was it a VIB-cabin?) :)
Posted on: Sep 21, 2012