Bluebay Grand Esmeralda
Km 300 Carretera Chetumal-Puerto Juarez, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
www.bluebayresorts.com - 01 984 877 4500
Check Playa del Carmen Hotel Deals
Bluebay Grand Esmeralda Playa del Carmen Reviews
First time all inclusive experience! Jul 29, 2013
First of all when I got there the staff at Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda were wonderful! They are very friendly. There was lots of families with kids, but not over run with children. Everyone went out of their way to make my stay a 5 Star experience. The room was beautiful with the pool which was first floor with partial ocean view, the food was plentiful and seemingly endless. The hotel pools were clean and huge, and overall, I couldn't imagine a better experience. All our waiters and concierge spoke good - some of them with excellent English, which helped me a lot, but I do know Spanish so was not hard to understand! The beaches were beautiful, but were not as clean as I expected, not trash but small natural twigs and such from all the palm trees. Would not recommend staying on the first floor unless if have a room pool and ocean view, The rooms are very close to tropical vegetation. Our last night, I called the front desk and said "Is it possible to have some help with our luggage in the morning, at 2AM for our crazy early departure?" and their reply was "Sir, Everything is possible!" Muy bueno! I def. will stay again but I am sure there is a better hotel then this one, just saying!
Here the list of good things and bad things:
- Most staff were friendly and helpful. Most also spoke English.
- The room was very spacious. Bathroom was big and spacious as well.
- Room cleaning was done well, and things were stocked as needed.
- The resort offered free activities, such as kayaking, water polo, etc.
- Shuttles from the room to the beach were always at our stop within 5 minutes of waiting
- Pools were clean
- Grounds were well kept
- Restaurants were clean and had good appearance from the guest area.
- The overall price that we paid for the resort was very reasonable, especially for an all inclusive.
- Pools close at 7pm
- Beach - the shore had sandbags to prevent erosion and wasn't very appealing
- Spa - Needs a complete overhaul/renovation. Over half of the water jets were broken and were unusable. The spa attendant did not explain how to use the facility upon our arrival, and we were to fend for ourselves.
- Restaurants were not all air conditioned. It was uncomfortable to eat hot food while it being mandatory to be formally dressed.
- Just as a heads up: A la carte restaurants need to have reservations, and filled up quickly
- There was no good nightlife at the resort. There was only one bar that was open late, and only one venue that had any activity.
- The only nightlife that was offered at our resort was to go to Coco Bonga
8 / 8 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!