Blue Souk

between Khalid Lagoon and Al-Ittihad Square, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates

Blue Souk Sharjah Reviews

vances vances
Blues for Allah Feb 27, 2010
The Blue Souk (also known as the Central Market) in Sharjah is a conglomeration of roughly 600 retail shops, a blend between traditional souk and modern shopping mall.

The building housing the souk is magnificent! A cluster of six structures with elegant lighting, plenty of blue tiles and fake wind towers create a magnificent landscape reminiscent of an old train station.

Within the walls are anything you could imagine --- plenty of food, modern electronics and jewelry, but also prayer rugs and other distinctive mementos of visiting this destination (including khandjars, the ceremonial daggers popular in Oman and Yemen).

This souk has a reputation for the lowest prices in Arabia...we visited many souks in Oman and Mark kept telling us to wait and buy it at the Blue Souk for less. He was so right and nobody on this site is permitted to share the ridiculously low price I paid for the matching set of black pearl jewelry I bought for my wife here!
Inside the Blue Souk, Sharjah
Parking can be a drag at the Blue …
The Blue Souk is gorgeous at night!
vances says:
You mean you would have shopped here much longer if I hadn't dragged you off to the airport, lol. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned the March return date on your original tickets???

Posted on: Jun 08, 2010
johnnyk says:
I could have shopped here much, much longer. Too bad I had to catch a flight.
Posted on: Jun 08, 2010
jenn79 says:
Haha!! =) (re: black pearl jewelry) =) I'm sure she appreciates it no matter the cost! =D
Posted on: Mar 13, 2010