Blue Smoke BBQ

116 E 27th St, New York, NY, USA - (212) 447-7733

Blue Smoke BBQ New York Reviews

bullk bullk
Fantastic food in a laidback setting. Jan 15, 2011
Being a fan of Danny Meyers book "Setting the table" about his restaurant career and view on service, I really HAD to visit some of his places in NYC. My wife and I decided to try Blue Smoke on our first night in the Big Apple, and took a long walk from 48'th Str. to 27'th where the restaurant is located. We had reserved a table via the Internet service and this worked excellently.

As we arrived, we discovered that we were a bit early - but the helpful maitre'd got us a table almost right away, setting the bar for the service level. As the evening continued, we really felt well taken care of at all times. Casual, smiling waitresses tended to all our needs and didn't mind questions and making recommendations - being as I am myself in the service industry, this was a true pleasure!

The food was fantastic! My wife and I tried different versions of ribs, and the size of the portions were HUGE in our eyes. Tender, well seasoned meat in servings that made us have to give up on the side orders and just focus on the important stuff.

As dessert time came along, we were overly full but still wanted something to finish off. We aimed for the Beignets, a ½ portion each - our waitress recognized just how full we were and recommended that we share one half portion, given the size. It turned out to be excellent advice - we could barely finish even that.

I recommend a visit here with all my heart, if you want to eat well without any snobbery.
Outside the restaurant
Drinks while deciding on the menu

Check New York Hotel Deals