87 Macleay Street, Sydney, Australia
(02) 9356 4888
Check Sydney Hotel Deals
Blue Parrot Sydney Reviews
Top chill hostel May 08, 2011
I just came from a month long trip from Asia, without sleeping almost a night so all I needed was a clean and silent hostel take back my lost sleep. I put quite a lot effort to find a good hostel and I definitely found it. Blue Parrot has well organised hostel-life, it's in city-centre but still cozy and silent. There are no loud drunk people around but everything like that is well organised for folks who want to get wasted. Besides, it's really clean. And of course, you will be called by your name so you can feel quite like at home.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Great atmosphere in Sydney's party area May 24, 2008
Wha? Blue Parrot Backpackers in King's Cross
Huh? Sydney, Australia
Oh? Small hostel with nice garden area, fire up the barbie!
Und? 8/10, good
Nights spent: 6
Room: Six share dorm
Check out time: 10am
1. Beds: A bit old, but they do the trick!
2. Bathroom: Fairly small, just a sink and a showercabin. Never had to wait, but some extra bathrooms wouldn't hurt. Time for a renovation.
3. Alcohol: Allowed, as far as I know.
4. Kitchen: Pretty small, and not a lot of storage space. Could use some extra cutlery.
5. Location: Sweet as, in the middle of Sydney's party area. Loads of pubs and clubs around the corner. One of 'darker' area's of Sydney, but perfectly safe to walk around. Close enough to King's Cross station, that unfortunately isn't connected to the CityCircle. Easy enough to get to Central Station though.
6. Price: I payed topdollar just after New Years, but normally the average priceof 25A$/night.
7. Features: Internet (free, shite computer), travel help, laundry machines, garden area including BBQ. Nice TV room, good selection of DVDs.
The Blue Parrot Hostel is situated near the party heart of King's Cross. The hostel is a converted familyhouse, which means it's not that big and sometimes a bit cramped, but personal. The garden area is key and a nice place to unwind in the shadow with a cold beer. Very easy to meet people here which is one of the great advantages of the smaller hostels over the massive one. The facilities are maybe not as nice as in the bigger hostels, but the atmosphere is more personal.
A nice place to stay and to meet people. Not the most glamorous hostel around, but laidback and absolutely recommended! Negative point is the early closing of the garden, at 10pm.
Part of the list Hostels in Sydney
Related Travel Blogs About Blue Parrot
Travel blog so far|
January 03 2007 Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline. I checked my watch…Parrots, Hornbills, Marabou storks, Normal Storks, elephants, Buffalo and Giraffe. The Safari was punctuated by several stops to get cold beers out of the cool…