Blue Ocean Tour

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Blue Ocean Tour Rio de Janeiro Reviews

nwintarti nwintarti
Blue Ocean Rio de Janeiro Day Tour Aug 30, 2009
I had limited time in Rio while visiting Brazil. Because the main purpose of the visit is for work, then i basically only left with 1 Saturday to explore the city.

So i google to look for ticket to the main attractions around the city, and I end up into several websites. However, I finally booked my city tour via blue ocean tour because it's the only thing i've found which allow me to book without 48 hours advance time (which i don't have).

After booking online on Friday night (8pm), the tour agent called me and spread out the detail of the pick up the next day.

The pick up was on time (to the minute), then the price were inclusive of ticket to the attractions, lunch and transportation. It cost me 90 dollars for one day (8hrs tour). First we visited the football court, the samba school, then several historical building before we arrived at the "Christo" or the famous Christ statue.

After that, the tour brought us to the restaurant for lunch and we continued to go to the Sugar Loaf and close the whole trip by passing the Copacabana and Ipanema beach. They dropped us back to the hotel and bid farewell. It was very nice, the tour guide speaks 5 language (at least!) so don't worry for the non-Portuguese speaker.

I think the price is reasonable as it will cost about 60 dollar just for the taxi to go to one of the place we visited (depending where is your hotel), and maybe about 25 dollar for lunch buffet, plus another 13 dollar to go up to Sugar Loaf and another 13 dollar to visit The Christo. So it's better to take the tour, unless you have 4 people with whom you can share your taxi cost with you.
HuBison says:
I wrote this place down, the prices went up a bit, I even checked with some of the hotels, but we ended up buying a tour from a person handing out flyers on the beach. We walked to the office to verify the company and paid after they picked us up. I love one-day Rio tours...they are so inclusive!
Posted on: Apr 11, 2012
HuBison says:
Great review. I took a full-day tour with my hotel for about this price and I really felt like it allowed me to use the most of 1 day, for a GREAT price and it was great to skip some of the lines and to get to places before large tour-bus crowds. I tried to look up Blue ocean Tours, but it became something else when I tried to click on a day-tour. I am going to Rio again (with friends) and this might interest them.
Posted on: Jan 15, 2012