Blue Nami Sushi

www.bluenamisushi.com - (916) 787-1177

Blue Nami Sushi Roseville Reviews

williamsworld williams…
A tasty taste of Japan Jan 05, 2011
Blue Nami was a pretty good little local Sushi place located in Roseville!! It gets crowded and you may find yourself waiting for food and service, so be prepared. I found this place on line through my Priority club dining program and many of the reviews were positive, so take a chance I said. The place was very clean but a bit cramped. The seating arrangements made it a little difficult to maneuver and hold a semi private conversation with your friend or friends. The staff all seemed Japanese so I felt comfortable speaking to them in their native tongue. My language skills are not as good as they once were, but I was still able to communicate my desires. The staff wasn’t very attentive; they seemed to move at a snail’s pace until they wanted to clean your table. We must have been interrupted at 4 times with request to clean our table. They never offered me a refill on my tea, and they took away our soy sauce to refill it, but they never brought it back. There was no indication from the amount of food in front of us that we were anywhere near being finished. The service was rather slow in all aspects. I understand that fresh quality ’art’ takes time. If, though, you just enjoy hanging out with friends and not really in any time crunch, you won’t really notice how long it actually takes.

The food, on the other hand, is really good. The menu is very extensive with pages of ‘rolls” apps and main dishes. We decided on the Angel roll and the Godzilla roll as well as bento box lunches. The Godzilla roll is awesome. It has salmon, crab, and asparagus with tobiko (a fish roe) on top, so you get this awesome swirl of flavors on your taste buds, and yes, it is deep fried. They also have yummy gyoza, bbq albacore, and salmon teriyaki. Being a Mercedes man, I wanted to try the Mercedez Benz, (that’s how the spell it on the menu) but we just had so much food for the few items we had already ordered.

Although the service wasn’t that great, the prices and the food are well worth a visit and maybe even more than one visit. Lest I forget, the bathrooms were beautiful and very clean, just like the floors and the décor. I will go back and I will enjoy the food again.
Blue Nami
A tatse of Japan
Looking towards the sushi bar
They have a bar as well