Blue Lodge Guest House

murtala muhammed international airport way, Lagos, Nigeria - +234709 876 6976 to 77

Check Lagos Hotel Deals

Blue Lodge Guest House Lagos Reviews

marix_sublime marix_su…
Blue Lodge Guest House Oct 24, 2009
I attended a three day seminar recently along with 2 other colleagues, and although it is just in Ikeja where I am based, my office deemed it necessary for us to check in a hotel near the seminar venue because of the legendary terrible traffic that Lagos had.

My office booked me at Blue Lodge Guest House, a very new and cozy guest house very near the Murtala Muhammed International Airport. I think it is around 2 minutes away from it, so I was thinking it has a very convenient location. It was my first time to stay there and so I snooped around the compound. I noticed that it is near a mosque and a catholic church.

My room is what they call a Classic Room. It has a big bed. My room also have LCD TV with cable networks and wireless internet. I tell you the wireless internet made my day! Internet is precious in Nigeria and so for a guest house to offer it without extra cost is very much appreciated. They have basic good amenities in their bathroom and toiletries. But I saw that in the double occupancy room, they even installed a steam bath…pity I was in the classic room, so it was just bath tub for me, hahaha!

They also served a full complimentary continental breakfast. I truly enjoyed the food. They served mainly continental and Nigerian dishes although, you can very well request for specific dishes, especially Filipino and Chinese cuisine, and as long as the ingredients are available, the very amiable cook will surely dished it out for you. Frankly, we finished our food before we even thought of taking pictures. It was just so goooooddd! I was terribly missing Filipino foods so I grabbed at the chance to order it. My Nigerian colleagues were also very happy to let me order the food so they could taste a sample of Filipino food. So it was me that ordered on everyone’s behalf. This was our dinner for the first night, I choose Pansit, a Filipino version of fried/sautéed noodles, plus French fries or Chips( of course, this one is imported! Hahaha) . Then we had steamed rice, chicken adobo (chicken cooked with soy sauce, vinegar, pepper and other secret ingredients, lolz!), and sinigang sa ulo ulo (tamarind soup with fish head). Our dessert was the fruit and cake platter. The second night, we ordered Pasta Carbonara with their sumptuous garlic bread along with the French fries. We finished this meal by drinking espresso coffee.

The staff really took care of us. The Manager is a very charming and engaging Filipina lady by the name of Ms. Jocelyn. I was really overjoyed when I discover that the one who was managing it is a fellow Filipina. She really tried her best to make all of us feel so welcome and comfortable. I noticed that all the Staff are very solicitous. They truly made our stay there stress free.

Price wise, it is on the high side than the average guest house, but to stay there is worth it. They also have a gym, lobby and garden/suya bar. I’ll be sure to come back if ever I’m in the area for another seminar or conference!
just outside the door
part of the reception lobby
the bar!
the dining area...where many good …
GMendozaFilms says:
Luv the part about the Chef accommodating your culinary needs
Posted on: Aug 15, 2012
Glynnes says:
Thanks for sharing your review and photos.
Posted on: Jun 25, 2010
marix_sublime says:
thanks donna. just want to share my experience there :)
Posted on: Oct 24, 2009