Blue Lagoon

www.bluelagoon.com - +354 420 8800

Blue Lagoon Reykjavik Reviews

kat307 kat307
Very relaxing Feb 23, 2015
This is a big tourist attraction in Iceland, but worth visiting.

The view and general atmosphere can't be beaten. The pool is lovely and warm, the view around the pool is stunning and it has an almost ethereal feel with all the steam coming off the water.

I've put the cost as avergae because it really does depend what you do while you're here. You can make it a cheap visit or an expensive one. There are lots of optional extras such as meals, drinks and spa treatments.

There are different packages you can get when you enter. You can go for a baswic package that just gets you in there, or add extras such as a robe, drink from the pool bar etc.

You get a wristband upon entry which is your 'money'. They scan it as you spend and you pay on the way out. Great idea! Keeps your money dry.

We really enjoyed our time here.
arnarolafsson arnarola…
Blue Lagoon Tours Iceland Feb 11, 2013
Blue Lagoons: Enjoy Rejuvenating experience in natural spa in Blue Lagoon. Blue Lagoon – Recently nominated one of the wonders of the world. The Blue Lagoon is located only 20 minuets from Keflavík airport.

It is known for it´s healing powers, it has worked wonders on people with psoriasis and other skin related deceases. Therefore people around the globe visit the blue lagoon to experience it´s sheer power. You can also enjoy an amazing meal at the Blue Lagoon restaurant where the atmosphere is really soothing. If you will enjoy how smooth your skin will feel after the lagoon you will love the skin care shop.

Their skin care products are made from natural ingredients, originated from the Blue Lagoon- geothermal seawater, silica, algae and minerals. This will be an experience you wont forget.
Blue Lagoon
DSPatel36 DSPatel36
The Blue Lagoon Aug 13, 2009
Great location to relax and enjoy the warm icelandic waters. I went there on a cold New Years Day 2009 and had a fantastic time, even though it was beginning to rain that day!!! I soon forgot about it as soon as I jump into the lagoon and got lost in the tranquality.....ahhh bliss!!!

Travel Tips:

1. Take lots of shampoo (especially for the females) as once you've got the clay in your hair it's really hard to wash off!!

2. Hang on to your towel

3. Buy a waterproof camera so you can take some great pics...

4. Restuarant inside was rather expensive and the food wasn't that great!
Me at the Blue Lagoon Jan 1st 2009
OurWorldTrip OurWorld…
Nov 06, 2005
If you are in Iceland, you can't miss the Blue Lagoon. It's man made and it's very touristy but well worth a visit. The entrance fee is Isk 1400,- for Adults (approx. €16) but you can stay as long as you like. The showers have shower gel and conditioner provided and you should definitely use the conditioner to protect your hair from the water. Just apply a thick layer and leave it in.

Also on the premises is a sauna and steam room. The use is included in the entrance fee. If you forgot a towel or bathing suit you can rentthem for a small fee.

As you can imagine, there is not a lot to do once you're in. The water is not very deep, you can pretty much walk everywhere. The water was up to my chest at the deepest point (I am only 5'3"). When you wander around, you'll notice cooler and hotter spots throughout. You will find an area that is boiling hot and you'll also find a spot where the cool water is running into the basin....brrr! There are areas with underwater benches, where you can just hang out and relax. Don't forget to apply some Silica mud to your face, just to look as silly as any other tourist there does ;)

Related Travel Blogs About Blue Lagoon

The Blue Lagoon
...But not completely. My flight back to London wasn’t until 4:00pm, so I had more than half the day to explore more of Iceland. I had read about a place called the Blue Lagoon and that it was a mu…Reykjavik and the Blue Lagoon as well as between the airport and the Lagoon. I checked out of the wonderful…
The Blue Lagoon and my first impressions of Reykjavik
It was quite warm in Amsterdam as I left. I was wearing a long-sleved shirt in expectation of cooler weather but, here 70 degrees. After 2hr 55 min of flight and a wave down as we passed over the Far…Reykjavik (actually Keflavik but, you know). I made my way through the airport and to the AirBus window where I purchased my Blue Lagoon
Blue Lagoon and Lunch
So taking the only flight out Thursday night (NY time) out on Icelandic Air landed me at Keflavik Airport at roughly 6am in the morning, Icelandic time. The first thing I notice is that it's noticea…Blue Lagoon slowly turn into a geriatric ward. Most of the people there are over the age of 60 - I guess it's what happens when…

Check Reykjavik Hotel Deals