Blue Lagoon Guesthouse and Bar

Cha Am, Thailand
Blue Lagoon Guesthouse and Bar  - the sunset view from outside the gueshouse main street
Blue Lagoon Guesthouse and Bar  - bedroom
Blue Lagoon Guesthouse and Bar  - handbasin
Blue Lagoon Guesthouse and Bar  - cupboard, drawer, television
Blue Lagoon Guesthouse and Bar  - inside the room
Blue Lagoon Guesthouse and Bar  - the building
Blue Lagoon Guesthouse and Bar  - the bar

Compare Cha-am Hotel Rates (1.1km away)

Blue Lagoon Guesthouse and Bar Cha Am Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Good and clean Budget guesthouse Apr 25, 2014
This is the cheapest place I find from the internet with a very good review from the previous guests. Instead of booking it through the internet, I just write down the guesthouse name and address and then head there directly from the bus stop.

I took a motorbike taxi which is a very quick solution since no tuk tuk or taxi meter service in this small town, and the motorbike driver seems familiar with the area and knows where to go. It takes less than 5 minutes ride from the main street to go to the guesthouse which is located near the north beach of Cha am.

The guesthouse building looks old from outside and outdated, it has a bar with plenty of chairs and tables at the outside and the rooms located at the second and third floor (they have 8 rooms only). There were no reception area, just a bar and the Thai woman with limited English greet me when I arrived. After bargaining with her I get a room for the price of THB450 (=usd 14 ) per night without breakfast.

Surprisingly, the room is really clean and spacious with one double bed but very hard mattress, one chair, big cupboard with lock in drawer to put the valuable, television, air condition and fan. There is big window facing the empty lot behind the building which makes my room really nice, if I squint my eyes, I possible able to see the beach –which is located around 200 m away from the guesthouse. The bathroom is on the smaller size and old fashion which all the floor and toilet get wet after shower.

The place was managed by the British guy and he is very friendly and informative – give many advise and information about the areas and also really looking after the guest who stay there.

Unfortunately the place does not serve any meals only drinks and the price is very reasonable. In addition to this, the guesthouse also do many activities at night time (I think it is 3 activities every week), there is a dart competition twice a week and quiz nights with buffet dinner which cost THB100 (=usd 3) per person, which I thought very good value, good food and good company from other guests. After dinner, you can join the quiz with other team and just have fun.

Plenty of street food between this place toward to the beach or toward to the main street which is located around 2km. The beach in this area is okay but not that nice for me personally, and I feel it is too crowded with the local seller umbrella and can not see the beach or water properly even when you stay under one of the umbrella. It cost THB150 (= usd4.5) to sit under the umbrella for a day. There are a lot of local sell seafood at this place but I really did not find it appetizing. I find this place is too local and not nice for me. It is either you eat at the high end hotel restaurant or just at local restaurant which is not really a restaurant.
bedroom
inside the room
cupboard, drawer, television
old bathroom

Compare Cha-am Hotel Rates (1.1km away)

Cha Am Map