Blue Lagoon Dive Resort

Check Chuuk Hotel Deals

Blue Lagoon Dive Resort Chuuk Reviews

Lucles Lucles
Little piece of heaven Feb 05, 2010
I was initially looking to stay at the TrukStop Hotel, as all the reviews I read spoke of it being family run. However after many attempts to contact TrukStop,with no success, I booked into the Blue Lagoon dive Resort. I am very glad that I did. Originally I was worried that it would be too "in the land of the clouds" i.e. far removed from meeting Chuukese people, but it was great.

Service was great, and always with a great big smile. Food was great. And the guys at the dive shop were wonderful. All in all I would recommend this as a place to stay to anyone I know going to Chuuk. I will certainly be going back.

Only downside (sadly the balance of life wouldn't have it any other way) is that there is only lukewarm water in the rooms. So having a nice hot shower in the morning, is a luxury you won't get. However if you do your showering after your dives, then a lukewarm shower is perfect, as you are hot from being out in the sun.
coryz coryz
Feb 21, 2008
Blue Lagoon is a beautiful spot on the Island of Moen. Very nice rooms, all with a excellent view. Friendly staff, great dive tours. If you are going to do Chuuk this is the place to be. It is outside of town a little but that adds to the hotel in my opinion. You might have to hitchhike into town which is a couple of miles but everyone is real friendly so it’s not a problem. This is also one of the only "cruiser" friendly hotels on Island. Met a great couple form Australia enjoying there retirement on there floating home. Also an Italian couple on a "long sought dream: cruising around the world indefinitely". The Bar closes early no matter how many people are there! Had a great time and will come back.
alohacjm says:
I am going to the Blue Lagoon in June. My brother was supposed to meet me there but can't now. I heard it was unsafe to travel around the island, but you don't indicate that in your blog. What is in the "town"? Is there a tour people can take to photograph the other sides of the island? Were you by yourself or with someone? Is it worth renting a car on Moen? I just need some suggestions from someone who's been there. I don't dive but I love to snorkel and have signed up for a snorkel tour with the dive shop. I heard the beach at the resort is nice also for snorkeling.
Posted on: May 10, 2008