Blue Hole

Dahab, Egypt

Blue Hole Dahab Reviews

Crazzycanadian Crazzyca…
the blue hole May 09, 2011
Everything in egypt, dahab is cheap, as long as u look for it.

the blue hole was pretty cool and another dive was cool too the canyon, nice deep dive (my first 30 meter dive) but very cool. The blue hole also has free diving and is 110 meters deep i didnt go that deep but u can with the right certs and gear.

very cool spot.
sally247 sally247
Very Nice Apr 10, 2011
I really adore this place it is really a very nice place for diving and also all the hotels around this area is soooo cheap u can have a wonderful nights there
SamsTravels SamsTrav…
An Unforgettable Experience Dec 04, 2010
We travelled to the blue hole on a tour, with the Delta Sharm hotel called the Fantastic Four. This included a jeep safari in the dessert where we had tea with the local Bedouin people and snorkeling, lunch and a sore camel ride at the blue hole near Dahab and visiting Dahab beach itself and shopping.

First came the jeep safari which was awesome. We stopped off learning about the dessert from our guide and took loads of impressive photos of us holding the sun in our hands etc as mentioned we did this tour through out hotel so we shared a jeep with two other couples which was nice as it was a great way to meet people at our hotel.

The Blue Hole itself is the "spot" for people to snorkel and it well known as a popular dive site. We got a jeep ride from Sharm to the Blue Hole and snorkel gear for about £2.50. I haven't snorkelled at that many places and I am by far NOT an expert at snorkelling, coral reef and fish, but I would say this was one of my most favourite places to snorkel. There is a bit of a tricky decent into the water and the blue hole itself is extremely deep, you can hire life jackets, but I would say if your not a strong swimmer maybe sit this experience out unless you have a friend to keep a watchful eye on you. Once in the water I was so impressed. There were definitely a lot of fish and a lot of brightly coloured mini fish which was really, really cool and every inch of reef was alive with brightly coloured anemones and marine life. If anyone wants to see something special this place will tick all the boxes.

Next came lunch at the Bedouin tent on stilts which overlooked the wonderful scenery of the bay and was a real treat as the water was so clear and amazing. The food was great and we sat around for photos and getting to know everyone in the group.

After lunch we took a camel trek along the shore line as the afternoon sun flung down on us. It was really nice and tranquil and was a perfect addition to such a wonderful day or fun and adventure. This lasted for about 30 minutes and for the men on the trip I felt that was long enough lol

Afterwards we headed back to the jeeps where we were taken to Dahab beach. This is a great place for waterspouts as the wind really gets up here and you can go superfast when windsurfing or kite boarding etc we didn’t have enough time to try any of this but I would defiantly visit again to give it a go and would also go back to the clue hole for more time in the water either snorkelling or proper diving.

After watching the sun go down over the sea which was magical, we headed to some local shops for a browse and buy, we didn’t spend long hear but it was a nice addition.

After this long day we were taken back to our hotels. It was great tour and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
stian79 stian79
Diving/snorkling spot, typical tourist crap, Mar 22, 2008
Blue Hole is a hole 800 meters straight down within the coral reef. Lots of smaller fish along the reef, but the reef is starting to show the damages done by the tourist. Along the beach there are several "beduin" huts in where we stayed for the day.

It was a great day out, but I'm not sure if I recommend it for everybody. Depends on how you get there and what you want. I traveled with a tourist agency with jeeps and camels from Sharm El Sheikh. Not really recommended unless you never tried it before...

For inexperienced snorkling it's a great place as the coral reef is right under the surface and you swim between the coralls the whole way.

However if you want a real good diving experience I would recommend Ras Mohammed national park or speak to one of the local divingschools where you are staying.
Blue Hole
"Beduin camp"
Coral reef
Coral reef
mario26 mario26
Sep 28, 2006
i will talk about diving at this sight !!!blue hole was the wonderfull place i dive in the red sea.The one of beautifull nature and submarine life i see in my experience of diver!!

On peux retrouver dans cette mer une barriere de corail des plus exeptionnels que j ai vue si je compare le blue hole avec les caraibe au honduras .La diversiter des poisson et de la vie marine nest pas du tout pareil On retouve dans le blue hole des immensiter de band de poisson et de raie de poisson clown qui ma vraiment impressionner.

Pas oubliger de plonger a des profondeur extreme genre 115 pied de profond pour avoir du plaisir a dahab une profondeur de 30 a 40 pied vous surprendra enormement.Je conseil cette place a tous les plongeur qui aime la vie marine et qui espere un jour voir quelque chose de vraiment interressant
mario26 says:
yes ur right i will put on this site soon cause when i went in egypt i dont have my digital camera under water so i only have picture on hand so i will put on cd soon and after i put on the site ejust for u dude!!!!
Posted on: Aug 31, 2007
jmaxiv says:
Hey dude, why not the photo's??? I was thinking to see red coral and colors of the fish!! LOL
Posted on: Aug 31, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Blue Hole

The Red Sea at Dahab, surrounding mountains, Blue Hole snorkelling, and fabulous hiking & jeeping made Dahab one of our favorite places.  Our hotel, Dahab Paradise, was really an oasis …Dahab, surrounding mountains, Blue Hole snorkelling, and fabulous hiking & jeeping made Dahab one of our favorite places.  Our hotel…
Dahab : diving the Blue Hole and The Canyon.
My final day of diving probably for quite some time, so I'm gonna do a famous one.  Maggie, her instructor (whose name I forget.  Dereck?) and my dive buddy Sayeed head up further north of …Dahab on the Sinai coast to one of the more famous names on the international diving map.  The Blue Hole
Diving the Canyon and famous Blue Hole
Monday was a day of activity, Vaughan and I went diving and the others went snorkelling and some went Quad Biking as well. The beach where the well known Blue Hole and Canyon dive sites resided were …Blue Hole and Canyon dive sites resided were a few kilometres north of Dahab. To get there we took an exciting…

Check Dahab Hotel Deals