Blue Bayou Restaurant

Disneyland, CA

Blue Bayou Restaurant Disneyland Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
Atmospheric Dining at New Orleans Square Jun 10, 2013
The Blue Bayou is arguably the best restaurant in Disneyland park. It's definitely the place to go for a special meal. Located in the New Orleans Square themed area, it is steeped in bayou theming. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner, but I think it is best at dinner time when one can relax and enjoy it. On this visit, we came back to Disneyland and the Blue Bayou for dinner after taking an afternoon break at the hotel.

Cajun and Creole cuisine is the specialty. I ordered the Royal Street Seafood Jambalaya, a nice mix of tasty shrimp, sausage, ham and chicken over rice. Susan ordered the Tesoro Island Chicken. We both had tossed salads to start.

The restaurant is very dark and I could only see what I was eating via my photos! It is dark because it also forms the beginning of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. You can see the boats slip though the bayou with its blue backlight.

Reservations are a must.
Blue Bayou restaurant signage
House Salad
Royal Street Seafood Jambalaya
Bayou theming
rsvpme says: WAS Roy Orbison !
Posted on: Jun 25, 2013
Cho says:
I've never been to this restaurant but the food there looks good. I like the song too, Brian....I think the original was by Roy Orbison, and he's one of my favorites, but the Linda Ronstadt version is so melodic!
Posted on: Jun 25, 2013
spocklogic says:
I'm going back someday
Come what may
To Blue Bayou
Where the folks are fine
And the world is mine
On Blue Bayou

'Blue Bayou' ~ Linda Ronstadt
Posted on: Jun 24, 2013
JudgeDredd JudgeDre…
Bon Appetite! May 05, 2011
My favorite place to sit down and enjoy a good meal in Disneyland. Make sure you have a reservation before you go!

Best tables are over by the water where you can watch the people go by on the boats of Pirates of the Caribbean.
Blue Bayou Restaurant Disneyland,…
festerwretch festerwr…
Aug 25, 2007
New Orleans Cajun style food, in a Lousiana bayou atmosphere. Gumbo, Jambalaya and an amazing Monte Cristo sandwich. Whatever your pick, the food is excellent.

Although you are indoors, the ambiance is set to feel like outside at night in the summer in Lousiana - though certainly not as hot & humid - crickets and frogs can be heard, fireflies dot the views, an old man sits on his rocking chair across the creek. The creek that flows past some of the tables is the same one that the boats from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride uses, and as you are eating you can watch the riders pass you by.

Whether you like the general "Disney" atmosphere or not, this is definitely one of the high-water-marks in their themed restaurant designs.

Related Travel Blogs About Blue Bayou Restaurant

Food at Disneyland
The best place to eat at Disneyland used to be the BBQ place in Frontierland.  They served delicious ribs and cornbread and you could eat at the benches in their big outdoor patio.  For som…Disneyland :]    The Blue Bayou restaurant is a neat place to go if it's your first time to Disneyland
Even though this was supposed to be a trip to say goodbye to people & places, I decided to hit Disneyland one last time.  Knowing I'd be there, I had my brother make reservations for us at t…Blue Bayou restaurant, which is that restaurant your boat goes by at the beginning of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride (at Disneyland

Compare Anaheim Hotel Rates (2.6km away)

Blue Bayou Restaurant Map