Blessed Cottage Hotel Rishikesh

Average rate: $18 - Hotel class: 3 stars
Badrinath Road, Rishikesh, India
Blessed Cottage Hotel - Large Ashram and Laxman Jhula Bridge.
Blessed Cottage Hotel - Restaurant for Blessed Cottage
Blessed Cottage Hotel - Waterfalls about 3km walk and then 2hr trek up a very old pilgramage route which actually starts at the river. I would only advise that for the fitter of us.
Blessed Cottage Hotel - Genuine beauty
Blessed Cottage Hotel - Bustling town centre where you can haggle for a wide variety of goods.

Check Rishikesh Hotel Deals

Blessed Cottage Hotel Rishikesh Reviews

filthyjabba filthyja…
Very affordable for longtimers Oct 06, 2009
Name defines the nature of existence, Blessed with warmness and comfortness, Blessed cottages are situated at Tapovan, near the bank of Ganga River and famous Laxman Jhull. Tapovan is renowned for its beauty, tranquality and spirituality. The best place for medetation.

A Place where your needs and nessesities are taken and handled with care. We have special attractive tour packages for groups / troups for Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri, Yamnotri and all other holy places. Besides this we have our own rafting and tracking units.

Stayed here for a total of 1 month, I was sharing with 2 other guys and because we were living rather frugally we decided to share a bed. on the first week we arrived they offered us a rather large room with a TV hot shower for 350rs(£4.50) Split between the 3 of us! Great price.

The guys working at the hotel would always come by the room regularly asking if we wanted any Chai or something to eat. this was great in the mornings. the jam toast and masala chai in the morning really sets you up for the day.

They will also organise rafting trips for you if you wish, I did not avail of this facility at the time as I have been rafting several times before, and the ganges did not look that rough :-)

Upon arriving in Rishikesh I stayed in the Green hills which was a great hotel but very basic(just four walls and a bed) so while walking past the Blessed cottage one of the workers there Diwan asked us if we wanted to go down to the ganges, we obliged. Diwan and the hotel manager Raul took us down to this beach by the ganges that was completely hidden from everyone else, it was beautiful down there, and after smoking a few joints with the guys we decied we would check out there rooms. when we seen them we decied to stay for a week at the price I quoted above.

After traveling further north and returning we decided to stay for 3 weeks. when we talked to the management we organise a price of 250rs a night split between the 3 of us(£3) so £1 each a night. this was in February '09.

I know locals are charged a lot more than tourist. prices after March go up a lot due to all the Yoga courses and stuff, so expect to play a lot more in season

- Triveni Ghat, Guru Singh Gurudwara

- Hemkund Gurudwara

- Bharat Mandir

- Ram Jhulla

- Laxman Jhulla

- Neelkanth Mahadev

- Kunjapuri Temple

- Raja Ji National Park (Chilla)

Rooms come with AC and without. I stayed in a room without AC as I was there in the cooler months. You can get a nice breeze going through most of the rooms so I dont think AC would be neccessary here.

The staff can be a bit annoying as they come to room often and ask if you need anything, this didnt really bother me, but I can see how it would bother some people. There is also an adjoining restaurant outside. Sometimes its nice to sit out there with the guys from the restaurant around a fire and drink whiskey and smoke pot!!
Raddish Raddish
Relaxing Private Room in Beautiful Mountain Scenary Jan 15, 2009
We stayed in The Blessed Cottage on our Third night in Rishikesh. We made arrangements to stay for one week and the manager was eager to do a discount deal with us. We managed to get a double room (there were three of us sharing) with a TV, en-suite Bathroom and room-service for 250 Rupees a night £3.50 for the whole room. It's worth noting that this was during the quiet season and we spent a lot of time socialising with the staff.

The Hotel has a limited number of rooms as they are set in blocks of four with two upstairs and two downstairs. The each have their own balcony looking either down the valley or in to a well maintained central garden.

There is an on site restaurant that serves meals for people with a wide range of dishes from several different countries. The prices are low (£1 for a veg curry, rice and chapati) and the Masala Chai is one of the best in the whole town.

There is a Internet Café with a decent connection 100m away and the nearby attractions include Waterfalls, Mountain Scenery, Rafting, Beaches, Yoga and Gemstones.

The hotel offers a pickup service as it is located 2km up a fairly steep sloap away from the busy but struggling town centre. Just going this little bit higher grants you sweeping views over the Ganges and the whole valley.

And of course, Rishikesh is famous for the visit the Beatles paid to it back in the swingin' 60's. Rishikesh is also considered the home of Yoga - so book early for Yoga season!
Large Ashram and Laxman Jhula Brid…
Restaurant for Blessed Cottage
Waterfalls about 3km walk and then…
Genuine beauty

Blessed Cottage Hotel Rishikesh Overview

Location.
This Rishikesh hotel is close to Lakshman Jhula and Parmarth Niketan .

Features.
Blessed Cottages has a restaurant . 24 hour room service is available.

Guestrooms.
Amenities in guestrooms include air conditioning .

Check Rishikesh Hotel Deals