Blennerhassett Hotel

Blennerhassett Hotel Rates and Deals

Blennerhassett Hotel Parkersburg Reviews

binky binky
The Blennerhassett Hotel Sep 17, 2010
While on my weekend extravaganza trip through West Virginia, I found myself in Parkersburg on my way to a festival. I had been told that if ever in Parkersburg this was the only hotel to stay in and I have to say I can see why. It really is a beautiful hotel and very affordable only about $20.00 more than the other local hotels.

When we first walked into the hotel we immediately noticed that a bar was to our right and a live jazz band was in the middle of a set. It really was quite a nice ambiance and very inviting. There is also a food menu and though the prices may be a little high for the area, they were equivalent to NYC prices which seem normal to us.

We ended up in one of the junior suites because we needed a room with two beds. My first reaction when I walked into the room was there are six pillows on each bed! I was so overwhelmed as I have never had six pillows on a bed before and strategically tried to figure out the best way to incorporate all of them in my quest for the perfect night of sleep. Amazing!

Also, the bathrooms are beautiful! They are huge and elegant and they have a nice array of items for your convenience which is always appreciated. The towels are fluffy and there are plenty of mirrors and counter space which is usually lacking in many hotels.

After checking out the room, we walked around the hotel taking in the d├ęcor. It really is very beautiful and there are plenty of places to relax and take in your surroundings with a good friend. Also, if you need caffeine, there is a Starbucks on the premise.

Though I would definitely come back to The Blennerhassett I was a little disappointed with the staff on duty. They were pleasant enough, but both my friend and I got a strange vibe from them as we were dressed in jeans. Most of the other guests were in slacks which threw us off as we are use to NYC where everyone wears jeans, even in the finest hotels. Mind you nobody was rude, just not as warm to us as some of the other guests. Still, if in the area again, I would definitely stay there again as it really is a beautiful hotel.
Not the Best Representation of the…
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review!
Africancrab says:
travelman727 says:
Binky, you're on a roll! Congrats on having this terrific review featured :-D

Blennerhassett Hotel Overview

The Blennerhassett Hotel is a beautifully restored, full service, historic hotel. With high-speed wireless internet and accommodating guest rooms featuring luxurious amenities, it is a preferred hotel of the corporate traveler. Uniquely designed guestrooms, accommodating service and an abundance of area attractions find The Blennerhassett popular with the tour and leisure traveler as well. Evening ice service delivered to the room is a standard courtesy to all guests. Located within the hotel, Spats Restaurant features gourmet cuisine and an exclusive wine list while Spats Lounge offers an inviting atmosphere with themed entertainment during the week. With Starbucks located in the main lobby, guests may choose from a wide selection of specialty drinks and gourmet coffees along with a variety of freshly prepared pastries. Guests will also find hundreds of unique items, many made by local artisans, and select wines while browsing the gift shop. The hotel also offers banquet and meeting facilities, with state of the art technology, that will accommodate up to 250 people The Blennerhassett is located in downtown Parkersburg within the historic district and one mile from Blennerhassett Island Historical State Park.
Hotel is 100 percent non-smoking.

Blennerhassett Hotel Amenities

• Parking
  • Non-Smoking Rooms
  • Shops
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Souvenirs/Gift Shop
  • Free Parking

Related Travel Blogs About Blennerhassett Hotel

The Mystery of the Mothman
  To be honest with you, I have no idea how my friend Noah and I came up with the idea to go to West Virginia.  It really isn’t one of the first states you think of when you want to …hotel the Blennerhassett.  We had been told that if you had to stay in Parkersburg, the Blennerhassett was the place…

Check Blennerhassett Hotel Rates and Deals