AsiaIndiaGoaGoa Tips

Blending in is the key to a nice time in Goa:)

Goa, India

Blending in is the key to a nice time in Goa:) Reviews

Obey Obey
Sep 01, 2007
If you're planning a vacation in Goa, here's my 2 cents that will ease your life there:)I was there 2006 Nov-Dec for 2 weeks with a friend.The country is very poor economically , but very rich in the kindness of the people and spirit!There's lots of salesmen trying to sell you stuff you don't need, and that can be very annoying if you don't feel like being the centre of attention, at least i hated it.. but i don't blame them, they are just trying to feed their families. But i can also blame myself, because what we noticed(too late ,though) was that the salesmen only "attack" white skin, (white skin=rupias and nothing else),for the salesmen that is. That leads us to this formula i created:)

Get tanned ASAP(loose white skin,they think you have been there enough time and have spend your money already) + don't wear nice looking clothes,buy local clothes and wear them outdoors,try to look like a poorman,or hippie if you will;) + don't make eyecontact,keep your head up and look like you know where your going(don't look lost,even if you are abit confused where to go) = relaxed and fun time in Goa:)

We made the mistake that we bought too strong sunlotion(50+) and didn't get tanned at all , after a week we were still white as a polar beer:D So don't take the strongest lotion in the store, take the "medium" (25+), although the sun is strong in india, and it is good to avoid the mid-day sun around 12-15. I hope this helped you! You can ask more about how to get along in Goa if you want, this was kinda "narrow" survival kit, but Very Good To Know! BYE!

PS. Loosing white skin will drop the price of the items they sell you(The price is double to what it is to locals), so you can spend your money to for example Kingfisher beer or Lassi-milkshake;)I still hope you will buy something from them, because most of them live off tourism!
Sales(wo)men on the beach:)
codebeck says: