Bled Castle

(04) 572 97 82

Bled Castle Reviews

keeweeset keeweeset
Blejski Grad Jul 28, 2016
So, when I reached Bled Castle, after climbing many stairs, I wasn't sure if I really wanted to pay the 10€. But then I thought that it would be worth it because of the amazing view. And, of course, the view is A-mazing! Students pay 7€ but they don't get the 1.50€ discount if they buy something, which I thought was not really fair ...

At the same time don't expect too much from the castle especially if you've visited the ones in Prague and/or Budapest because these two have way more to offer than the one in Bled. That being said, I still liked the exhibition, which covered the history of the area starting with the Ice Age up until the 19th century.

I felt the castle had also a very commercialised atmosphere where they not only wanted to sell you stuff like drinks and food at their café, and souvenirs, but also jam, honey, wine and other stuff. That grossed me out a little.

My guide book suggested booking a table at the castle restaurant because you don't have to pay the 10€ to get in, just your meal, which range between 15-20€. This way you get to eat and visit the castle.
View of Bled and the Julian Alps
View of Bled Island
Bled Castle and view of part of th…
keeweeset says:
Unfortunately, there is no lift. You can walk or park your car outside the castle. I think the castle knows it can charge that high of a price because visitors want to see the view ... If I ever go back there I'm having the meal at the restaurant instead. ;)
Posted on: Aug 02, 2016
hightide says:
I think the price is too high if you have to climb stairs but that's a reasonable price if you can take a lift.
Posted on: Aug 01, 2016