Blarney Castle

Blarney Castle, Blarney, Ireland - 00 353 21 4385252

Blarney Castle Reviews

philis05 philis05
Blarney Castle May 31, 2011
Blarney Castle is in Blarney county Cork, it's well known for the blarney stone. Legend has it that if you kiss the Blarney stone you will be given the gift of the gab! It is a popular attraction for tourists mainly but also the Irish.

Entry to the grounds and the castle is a little on the expensive side in my opinion, but it's nice to say that I have kissed the blarney stone. It's a little scary hanging upside down when your up so high and there's nothing there to stop you falling but a few bars and the guy holding you. Don't let that put you off though it is very safe! I've only ever heard of one guy falling and that was years ago.

The grounds surrounding the castle are fabulous and you could spend hours there. They also take your picture when your kissing the blarney stone so you can avail of that to if you wish.

All in all it was a nice experience!
Fitnessguru729 Fitnessg…
Blarney Castle Oct 11, 2011
On my Ireland adventure the last and final stop was a long drive to County Cork, Ireland! I was very excited about this trip and getting the chance to KISS the Blarney Stone to get the gift of gab even though I might not need it! HA!

The entrance fee to the Castle was only about $15 USD but it was definitely worth it! The castles surrounding the area were pretty cool! I was staying in Doolin for the Trip and actually drove all the way from Doolin to County Clare which was a few hours and then after the castle drove straight to the Shannon Airport which was tough and the traffic was intense and busy but worth it!
Blarney Castle!
maegan88 maegan88
The gift of the Gab Jun 26, 2011
Blarney castle is not far outside of the city of Cork, Ireland. Cork is a lovely place to stay and tour around, and then a day trip to Blarney is perfect. The town of Blarney is about 20 buildings, a park and the castle, so I would not recommend staying in Blarney.

I would definitely recommend you visit Blarney Castle! The grounds are stunning, the history is amazing and there are numerous walks and paths around the property, which can take up to 3(ish) hours to walk around.

The castle has not been modernized, and there is no show put on, it is just true rustic beauty.

Great for all ages!
gav17182 gav17182
Nice for a Sunny day out Feb 25, 2011
Blarney Castle, If you like Castles, Rivers, Small Waterfalls, Lakes and loads of open land to take great photo's at then you will Love Blarney Castle.

Downside would be its very narrow walking up the castle steps, we were there at a very quit time so were lucky only had to back track once to let a different couple down when we were walking up.

Only other main thing would be, its very much for a nice sunny day, if it raining like when we were there, there isnt much shelter but we still did enjoy our selves and got some nice photo's.

Would need to bring your own food really if you want to have lunch there, also cost 10euro for adult to enter.
annemw annemw
The grounds are cool too Jan 01, 2011
I think the visit to the Blarney stone is over rated. It's cool to go, just so you can say you've kissed the Blarney stone, but I didn't think there was anything special about this castle compared to some of the others I've visited. However, the grounds around the castle are beautiful. I went in May/June and it was raining out, but it was still beautiful. But beware! Take a friend. I walked the grounds by myself and I just had an eerie feeling that someone (perhaps a leprachan??) was watching me!

Bring a camera. They will take a photo of you kissing the stone, but it costs a lot of money!

Oh, and there is nothing to do in Cork. Cork is one of the most boring cities I've ever been to (and some of the people weren't exactly very friendly), so just go straight to the castle.
The grounds around the castle.
paigeums paigeums
A great surprise!!!! May 14, 2011
We were going to pass but up going to the Blarney Castle but ended up stopping in and staying for a few hours. It's different than many other castles! The castle isn't restored to look nice and new like others, they kept it looking as it was discovered! It's amazing! Plus you have to kiss the Blarney Stone!! :-) A must see in Ireland!
sammccarthy sammccar…
Blarney Castle Jun 16, 2009
I went to Blarney in october, for the second time and it was very enjoyable.

It is around 7km from north cork city, once in Blarney itself there is a little village with a pub, a few local shops and a hotel/b&b.

Blarney Castle is on a hill to the side of Blarney.

There are many walks to go on whilst on your way to the castle itself, past a druidic table, a witches table, a house and some crooked steps.

Once in the castle there are many things to look around like the living room, toilets, bedrooms. At the top the famous Blarney Stone is on the wall, if you would like to kiss it there is a small fee but i cant remember the number once i find out i will edit this review.

If in Ireland this is one of the must see places.

price rates

Good review
Posted on: May 26, 2009
stonefinder1 stonefin…
Jun 08, 2007
Blarney Castle was built nearly six hundred years ago by one of Ireland’s greatest chieftains, Cormac MacCarthy, and has been attracting attention beyond Munster ever since. Not all of that has been welcome, as Good Queen Bess and Oliver Cromwell could testify. But over the last few hundred years, millions have flocked to Blarney, making it a world landmark and one of Ireland’s greatest treasures.

Now that might have something to do with the Blarney Stone, the legendary Stone of Eloquence, found at the top of our Tower. Kiss it and you’ll never again be lost for words. But don’t take our word for it – everyone from Sir Walter Scott to a host of American presidents, world leaders, and international entertainers has been eager to take advantage.

If people come for the Stone, many stay for the mystical and beautiful Rock Close and gardens. Time has its own rules here. So settle down and spend some of that time with us.
Blarney Castle

Related Travel Blogs About Blarney Castle

Contemplating Germs At Blarney
The ride to Cork was pretty uneventful; it pretty much consisted of more driving and more iPod.  Along the way we decided to stop at Waterford as Angie’s family lineage came from there.  …Blarney Castle more than the city itself.   I was more about the city and less about Blarney
Ireland Cliffs - Warning! No Guard Rails!
Not everything went according to planned. We were able to get our sleep-in and a bit of the Full Irish Breakfast that was edible. Then we headed off the road to Dingle, Ireland. What was to be a 30-m… Castle about 6 miles up the road. Heck, if we came all this way, we were at least going to see the castle! When we got to the Blarney
Blarney Castle is one of the best things about Ireland. When visiting Blarney Castle you immediately succumb to a feeling of great admiration for the past and for a couple of breathtaking moments you…Blarney Castle is one of the best things about Ireland. When visiting Blarney Castle you immediately succumb to a feeling…

Check Blarney Hotel Deals