TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 697,670 travelers just like you!

Blake223
Award: Photographer IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Blake
Hometown: Outer Banks, USA
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Join Date: June 22, 2015
Contributions: Blake223 has written about 17 places, shared 608 photos, left 73 comments, and smiled 56 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Japanese (though i cant read or write it.)! I've dabbled in many other languages but i'm never in one place long enough to properly learn them :( Used to be really good with Russian, but through lack of use, have lost a lot of it.
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
What a question, it's the little things that matter to me, whether its having a picnic at the top of a mountain in Southern NZ with friends from a hostel, trying a fried scorpion for the first time in Southeast Asia, or sitting on the back porch of a wwoofing hosts home in Tasmania sharing travel stories, and more recently core strength and meditation training in the river at my Wwoof'ing hosts farm in Aomori, Japan, those are the moments i remember the most. There was that one time with the cobra blood and whiskey in Cambodia... that was interesting.
Profile
Im a 25 year old american backpacker dedicated to a life on the road, literally I have everything I own in one backpack and that's it, I never stay in one place too long. As opposed to travelers who travel in trips, vacations, etc.. I am constantly on the road, nonstop. Whether I can get a work visa or have to find cash in hand jobs, my goal is to not have to stop, to stay on the road until... well until I find whatever I'm looking for lol. Traveling companions are always welcome! Follow the compass my friends :)
vulindlela says:
Posted on: Sep 18, 2017
ys484 says:
Posted on: Sep 18, 2016
vulindlela says:
Posted on: Sep 18, 2016

Blake223's Travel Blogs

Backpacking around the world!
Sep 17, 2011 – Mar 15, 2016
Now these dates are not even close too exact, I'm trying to catch up on four years of traveling and no longer remember a lot of…
Overview 130 words 289 9 29
Sep 03, 2015 – Oct 16, 2015
Continuing my backpacking trip around the world after spending this past summer back home
Overview 3,597 words 311 4 36
This blog was featured on Sunday December 13th, 2015

Blake223's Travel Reviews

Free! "Hotels & Accommodations" in Tokyo, Japan
K's house at first can be a bit hard to find, however if you follow the directions they E-Mail y…
Cheap "Hostels" in Devonport, Australia
Tasman backpackers is an incredibly ideal place for any backpacker looking to get their farm wor…
Very cheap "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Melbourne, Australia
Ok so THIS PLACE!!! This place is a little hole in the wall you would miss if you blinked on Col…