Black Star Hotel

Bolgatanga, Ghana

Black Star Hotel Bolgatanga Reviews

Globevoyager Globevoy…
Waiting for the cook takes hours, no proper food Feb 24, 2008
This restaurant is actually a hotel too. But I never stayed here for the night, because I heard stories which were not too possitive.

I did go to the restaurant. After that one time, I decided to not come back to this place.

First of all, there is no cook in the place. When the waitress finaly brings you your first drink, she will tell you the cook is not there. If you want they can let him come. We gave our orders. After an hour the cook arrives and will tell you that not all the food is available. The menu is much larger then the choice there actually is.

If you're lucky your food is ready an hour later. Quality is not what makes you happy here, neither the amount of food. It will only still your hunger for a short time. One of my friends got really sick after eating here. This is not only my experience. Later I heard from other people and vollunteers I met in Bolgatanga that some of them got sick too after eating there.

At Friday and Saturday nights there is live music and the place will look like a discotheque. Especially locals will hang out here and some of them harass female travelers.

There are many other good places to go to if you stay in Bolgatanga.
Bolgatanga Map