Black Rock International Burner Hostel

Black Rock City, United States

Black Rock International Burner Hostel Black Rock City Reviews

Roamer Roamer
Jan 24, 2008
I've been camping with the BRIBH for the past four years and cannot recommend it enough. The Hostel has been operating for nine years and is geared towards aiding international burners with the logistics of travelling thousands of miles to BRC. In 2008 I'm setting up my own theme camp with a bunch of folks from The Hostel but we love it so much, we're going to make sure we get placed right next door.

The Mission:

To provide international burners, particularly those arriving by themselves or who are new to burning man, with a warm safe base of operations from which to easily engage with Black Rock City at large.

The Ethos:

Friendly, relaxed, easygoing and comparatively quiet, the BRIBH seeks to provide a great community experience for all involved, while steering clear of becoming an all out rave camp. Not that we’re against banging techno, far from it, but there are many dedicated camps that already do it way better than we ever will, so the BRIBH focuses on providing nice breakfasts, peaceful sleep, and much needed shelter from the sweltering midday sun.

How it works:

A camp of this size no longer runs itself, and so, 9 years into the BRIBH project, we encourage all and any campmates to get involved in some aspect of running the camp.

As well as the Grand Poobah, Fred Hagemeister, who makes all the truly big decisions, we have a core group of long time campmates who variously manage separate crews of people, to spread the workload evenly and to ensure no one gets over worked. Please feel welcome to volunteer at any time, as at least one of the crews will be engaged in a project they need help on. Burning Man is about participation, its how you make friends and get to hear about the juiciest events
The Hostel main shade structure
andrejav says:
Time to go again !!!
Posted on: Aug 11, 2012
Chrissssssss says:
Hi there, I could not agree more...I joined in 2003 for a summer...it was great. Unfortunetly I have not been able to make it again so far...

Enjoy