Black Pelican Seafood Company

Kitty Hawk, North Carolina

Black Pelican Seafood Company Kitty Hawk Reviews

mistyleatherneck mistylea…
Locals Seafood Eatery Feb 19, 2011
Mom, Rick and I went to Outer Banks N.C. for the day and on the way down we stopped at Black Pelican for a late lunch/early supper. The restaurant overlooks the ocean and is right across the street from the beach. We got there early enough for supper but the menu we had was for the lunch menu. The prices are reasonable and food is very tasty. I got the king crab legs, Mom got Shrimp and Grits, Rick got 1/2 lb of steamed shrimp. The salads were very delicious. Rick had the Greek Salad which had the hot peppercinis that he gave me and mom. Wow, they had a bit of heat to them. Mom and I shared the Popeye Salad which was spinach, sundried tomatoes, red onions and a nice bacon vinagrette. I am sure my heart and cholesterol went way up eating that drawn butter that was served with the crab legs. Rick loved his shrimp and he let me try one. They were flavorful and frreeessshhh!!! Mom has a recipe of shrimp and grits that we make at home but this was not as spicy at the restaurant. WE all loved everything. Of course I recommend this one since it is open all year round versus the other places that are only open during the summer season. Great supper!!
emmytravel emmytrav…
good food, good service May 23, 2010
Feb 2010

This was one of just a few restaurants open during the off season. The service was good, the waiter was entertaining and we even shared conversation with the folks at another table. It was off season and not busy. We did not find any coupons for this restaurant so it was more pricey. The food was yummy! Staff was very helpful. We wanted to see movie "Shutter Island" they called and got the play time. I've not run into that type of service back home! I had the prime rib, cooked perfectly my way!
jdsgos jdsgos
Oct 06, 2007
Like I said before. Whenever I go some place, I try as much of the local stuff as possible. So on Saturday, we all took a break from cooking at the house and decided to try someplace for dinner. The Black Pelican was recommended by the neighbor. And as soon as you see this place, you know its a tourist trap kinda of place. This whole town is frigging filled with them. Bars and pubs with funny risque names meant to lure you into believing that you're on a beach somewhere. And all of them are "known" for fresh seafood.

A few of us ordered the steam seafood platter. You know...the usual stuff like crab legs, some clams, some shrimps, and mussels along with some veggies. The crab legs were too soft. Maybe they were over cooked. But they lacked the soft buttery sweet taste that one gets with fresh crab legs. The clams and mussels were average. Kind of hard to mess that up. Just steam them till opened and serve with warm butter. The shrimps were dusted with Old Bay seasoning and steamed. However, I don't know how they put the platter together here but the shrimps were under cooked. More then half of them were left due to the rawness. This was the feedback that I got from my sister and some of the others that ordered this plate.

I had ordered the shrimp and cajun sausage pizza. Now for $16 I was expecting something a little bigger then an eight inch pizza. The pizza itself was okay, spicy cajun sausage and shrimp along with onions and peppers. Now since I like to cook, I know I can do alot better for alot less. The sauce and pizza crust itself were nothing to write home about. I won't even go into how over priced the drinks were.

Like I said, this place is set up for tourists and the price and quality reflects it. Try it if you like. But there are better places in town.

Check Kitty Hawk Hotel Deals