Black Pearl

Newport, Rhode Island

Black Pearl Newport Reviews

mainhart mainhart
MUSSELS! Jul 22, 2011
If you're in Newport, and like seafood, you must go to the Black Pearl. Don't be put off by the fact that it is in a VERY touristy part of the city. My friend and I were starving and every decent restaurant seemed to have an hour wait. This place had a nice menu and only a 15 minute wait so we decided to have dinner here, expecting typical touristy fare, as the place seemed a bit contrived: Pirate ship motif and all. We were wrong. We tried their special black pearl mussels which were in a garlic butter cream sauce with tarragon. They were so good we almost didn't need a meal. I was afraid we made foolish gluttons of ourselves as we devoured these little mollusks and used the bread to sponge up the sauce. Tables were at very close quarters to one another and our neighbors saw what us heathens were doing. However we inspired them to do the same it seems as we were all enjoying our appys. I had the scallops which were also excellent- very sweet and a little briny. Despite me being full there was no way I was not finishing this meal. I'd go back to Newport just to have dinner there again.

Check Newport Hotel Deals