Black Forest Hostel

Check Freiburg Hotel Deals

Black Forest Hostel Freiburg Reviews

AggieRockStar AggieRoc…
Great place near the black forest Apr 03, 2011
I stayed several nights during July 2010 and really enjoyed the atmosphere. The hostel was huge, with much more room than I was accustomed to. They had a few shelves of books, a piano and a full service kitchen. The staff was extremely helpful.

The rooms themselves were massive with very, very large lockers and no bunk beds. The downside is there were a ton of people in each room, but I find with earplugs that doesn't matter.

The showers were insane. If you've ever been to a mystic tanning salon, very much similar. I think the previous review said "time capsule" and I heartily agree.

I loved Freiburg and I loved this hostel. If you are looking for budget accomodations, look no further.
obibonkenobi obibonke…
Cheap accomodation and great atmosphere. Aug 24, 2010
I was looking for the youth hostel in Freiburg, and when asking for directions somebody took me to this place instead.

I was glad. The atmosphere is great with a very nice living room (with a piano and a guitar, for anyone to use) and shared kitchen.

Toilets are shared, but very clean. The showers are also shared; it's like getting into a futuristic capsule. They have like a looking window, so that you can check your clothes outside the shower (remember it's a shared area) - sorry I don't have any pics.

The price is cheap, I payed 14€ for a bed in the biggest room (21 beds), but there isn't much privacy in the room. Have to pay extra for sheets, but you can bring your own sleeping bag.

You can leave your stuff in a locker, and if you don't have a padlock they provide you with one (fee of 5 €, completely returned after giving it back).

There is no breakfast included, but they make you a discount in a bar near the place if you say you're staying there.

You can have the key of the hostel's main door if you want to go out at night, so you're free to go in and out whenever you want.

It is located around 10 minutes walk away from Agustinerplatz (wich is in the old side of the city).

In all I had a very good impression of the place.

Related Travel Blogs About Black Forest Hostel

Freiburg
Nicole and I set off to Freiburg next. I have to say, I love this town. I was originally only goint to stay one night, but I had to book one more, just because this place is so cool! It's like the As…Black Forest Hostel, feels more like a hippie commune than a hostel. I really enjoy it! Freiburg is situated on the southern…

Check Freiburg Hotel Deals