Black Forest Acres

NA - (609) 586-6187

Black Forest Acres Hamilton Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Black Forest Acres (organic grocer) Sep 13, 2008
There are two Black Forest Acres grocers in the Mercer County area of NJ. I have only been to the one in Hamilton. The other store is located in Hightstown of off Rt 130 and from my understanding is not much different then the Hamilton store in both service and products.

I rarely read any positive reviews about the local organic health food store and from my few visits I can understand the issues many people have with the shop.

The produce section is not always fresh or appealing, many products are often expired and the prepared deli foods are a little off-putting. I can't recall seeing a vegan option at the deli lunch counter, but in the store's defense I do not shop there on a regular basis. The staff are not nearly as friendly or helpful as other grocers in the area, but they are not rude or disrespectful. I think they come across as indifferent to the customer.

The mood of the store is also not very uplifting nor does it feel like a community center. Most of the Organic food shops I have been to in the past tend to have a real positive community atmosphere. I understand the argument that Whole Foods and other larger grocers now catering to the organic market hurts small organic grocers. But I have never known Black Forest Acres to possess the ambience of the community, even when it was the only place for organic shopping.

I can recommend their bulk section. I often think that their dried fruits and nut selections are better priced and very delicious. They do have a decent selection of general organic goods and some of them may be priced a little cheaper then other stores, just make sure you check to see if they are expired! They also have a decent and large vitamin section.

Check Hamilton Hotel Deals