Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur

Tryggvagotu 1, Reykjavik, Iceland
www.bbp.is - 511 1566
Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur - Handy hot dog holders on tables around the stand.
Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur - The crowd does not appear ecstatic over their dogs...   (Jodi Phy photograph...all copyrights reserved)
Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur - Hot Dog, we made it!
Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur - The original hot dog stand in downtown Reykjavik (on Tryggvagotu)
Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur - Web site = www.bbp.is

Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur Reykjavik Reviews

vances vances
Hot Dog! Aug 22, 2014
Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur, which translates as the “best hot dogs in town”, is arguably an Icelandic institution. Called Bæjarins beztu for short, their first hot dog stand opened in 1937 and they have added three more stands in Reykjavik. Almost all Icelanders have downed a dog here and tourists are paraded by as well, making a lengthy queue the easy way to find the place.

We visited the original stand and the line was not bad. The line moved quickly, so really no problem at all. I suppose they offer several varieties of toppings, but you can never get a good view of their menu board and everybody seems to simply order 'eina með öllu' or “the works.” This everything model includes onions (both raw and fried), ketchup, mustard and remoulade (like tartar sauce). My gang followed suit and soon dove in.

It was a good hot dog, but the earth did not shake for me. I thought the fried onions was the best part and my friends pretty much echoed my sentiment that it was tasty but not worth worship. That said, you would be hard pressed to find a less costly meal in Reykjavik. Definitely worth sampling when in town!
Hot Dog, we made it!
The original hot dog stand in down…
Web site = www.bbp.is
Handy hot dog holders on tables ar…
vances says:
lol, Brian - I never sausage a parade of bad puns!

:^)
Posted on: Sep 12, 2014
spocklogic says:
Sounds like a Wiener to me!
Posted on: Sep 11, 2014