Bite Your Tongue

031 5634419

Bite Your Tongue Durban Reviews

rsummo rsummo
Half Price Sushi On Thursday's And Saturdays! Jul 01, 2010
Located in a nice suburban neighborhood in North Durban, Bite Your Tongue offers half price sushi on Thursday and Saturday nights, but you should definitely book ahead if you want to guarantee yourself a table when you get there. The place isn't very large, and even with their outside seating they get filled up on a regular basis.

The sushi is good, but for half price, it's great. They have mostly the standards, tuna, salmon, prawn, eel, with a few specialty rolls mixed in. At half price, you could get a 16 piece sashimi platter (assorted, chef's choice)for R70, which is less than $10. You can put together your own combos as well - they have a rotating sushi bar and you can pick the ngiri, sushi or sashimi you want. It's great to be able to eat sushi without having to fear the bill at the end of the meal.

Evidently, many of the sushi restaurants in Durban offer a half price night. A short thirty second walk away from Bite Your Tongue was another half price sushi venue called Speak. It was also completely full, so I imagine their sushi must be pretty decent as well. As with most of the places I go here, I am told that the place is good but the best place is somewhere else, so I have no shortage of places to try. I hope to get to another half price sushi night before I leave, and if I find one better than Bite Your Tongue I'll be sure to let you know. Bite Your Tongue is a solid choice, just remember to use the phone number above and reserve yourself a table or you may not get to enjoy it!

Check Durban Hotel Deals