Bistro Restaurant at The Bosville Hotel

Bosville Terrace, Portree, United Kingdom
Bistro Restaurant at The Bosville Hotel - Bistro Restaurant dining area...Merchant Bar in the background (it was low season so it was empty)
Bistro Restaurant at The Bosville Hotel - Traditional Roast of the Day flavored with rosemary, cracked pepper and red wine jus...today was Turkey Day
Bistro Restaurant at The Bosville Hotel - Smoked salmon chowder
Bistro Restaurant at The Bosville Hotel - Served with seasonal vegetables and potatoes
Bistro Restaurant at The Bosville Hotel - The Bosville Hotel
Bistro Restaurant at The Bosville Hotel - A pint of beer and local still water

Bistro Restaurant at The Bosville Hotel Portree Reviews

TRE69 TRE69
Delicious Dining at a Boutique Hotel Dec 28, 2007
Bistro Restaurant is an informal and casual dining establishment housed inside the Bosville Hotel which overlooks picturesque Portree Harbor.

Our Isle of Skye tour driver warned us that since it was low season (winter) many of Portree's restaurants close for the season or close earlier in the evening. Call ahead to reserve a seating to be on the safe side.

Since he was in the know, he did recommend Bistro Restaurant.

My cousin and I did not have dinner reservations but the hotel receptionist graciously seated us in the center of the Bistro dining area which was nearly empty. The dining room soon filled up while we enjoyed our meal.

The dinner menu was small probably because of low season but they had selections to appeal to any appetite.

My cousin and I ordered the Traditional Roast of the Day which today was turkey. I also ordered a cup of smoked salmon chowder.

The chowder really hit the spot because we had to walk in the rain from our hostel to the hotel restaurant.

The roast turkey was pleasingly and artfully presented on the plate. The slices of turkey breast were very moist, probably the best turkey breast I have ever eaten. The jus was very flavorful and plenty.

The roast came with a side of roasted potatoes and vegetables (parsnips, carrots, brussel sprouts). This was the first time I ever ate parsnips and brussel sprouts...they were yummy.

The service was swift and attentive without being overbearing.

The next time I visit the Isle of Skye, I would definitely visit Bistro Restaurant because the food was delicious!
The Bosville Hotel
Smoked salmon chowder
Bistro Restaurant dining area...Me…
Traditional Roast of the Day flavo…

Check Portree Hotel Deals