Bistro Jarl

Bistro Jarl - Street view commercial

Bistro Jarl Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice place and good food for a high price Jul 19, 2011
I had decided to travel to Stockholm by car and to stay at the Scandic Anglais because there is a great ambiance in the neighbourhood; it is really lively with loads out outdoor bars and restaurants. I arrived at the hotel around 9 pm and the parking was full, so I took a parking some 500 meters from the hotel.

After entering ground floor from the parking I spotted Bistro Jarl on the opposite side of the street; a place that I had not visited before and a place that was always crowded but I thought I could see a table or two that were free in the first row towards the street, so I took the chance and went for it.

I was able to get a table outside which was really nice because the weather was quite nice. The place was almost full and people were dropping in all the time. Even though this place obviously was to wine I decided to go for a beer. The beer came fast and was nice but mostly because it was cold; it was a mainstream lager.

I looked at the menu and found it quite pricy so I decided to settle with a main course; I went for a steak with chilli béarnaise sauce and chips. The dish would set me back 310 Skr or almost 35 euro. The waitress that was both fast and friendly came back with my dinner after 15-20 minutes. The steak looked really small on the plate and I was quite sure that it was less than 200 grams; next to the streak there were haricots verts, which by the way turned out to be nice and crisp.

The plate was seconded by a sauce can with chilli béarnaise sauce that was nice tasty of both the estragon and chilli. There were also a glass full with French frites that also tasted good but had been salted a bit too much. The food was nice and I therefore decided to end the meal with a café Latte.

During the dinner I found out that it was quite noisy to sit there, not that I did mind too much, but the street was used as a show off street for people with fancy cars. There were loads old American car that passed by, even so youngster with small cars with huge stereos and old guys in expensive cars with small stereos.

The place also hosts a very nice bar but I did not go there; it will be for another day.
The menu
My beer
My small steak on the large plate
Close up steak