Bistro Gerbeaud

Budapest, Hungary

Bistro Gerbeaud Budapest Reviews

Ils1976 Ils1976
a bit expensive considering, but a tradition when in town May 21, 2015
Knowing this is probably the most expensive joint in the whole of Budapest, or so they say, we still decided to have a cup of tea here coz at the same time it was the perfect hiding place for the everlasting rain. Ever since we arrived in the city, we only saw raindrops falling from the sky, so this place was basically put, more than a welcome change.

Upon our arrival, we were quickly seated on the heated terrace and together wit a yummy but pricy dessert, we quickly forgot our sorrows. The apfelstrüdel I ordered was although a bit small, more than worth it and just thinking about it, made me feel hungry again, so … thumbs up!

The staff are very friendly and the building inside is really worth a look. During my „trip" downstairs to the toilets, I got the feeling I was some kind of a royal person. Outside you can see that it is an old building, but inside you see the wealth of the place and you really got the feeling that the building was erected somewhere in the 1880’s.

Maybe this bistro can be expensive for most people, but who cares about such things when you have shitty weather!
Bistro Gerbeaud
my yummy tea
delicious apfelstrüdel
Ils1976 says:
Hahaha, good one! :D
Posted on: Oct 19, 2015
EmEm says:
I guess you looked like in the story The Princess and the Pea, with your umbrella in front of Gerbaud.
Posted on: Oct 19, 2015