Bistro Food and Drink

Bistro Food and Drink - steak and chips

Bistro Food and Drink Hanoi Reviews

davejo davejo
Another wonderful restaurant Jan 23, 2017
Ta Hien Street is the place to go as the northern end is lined with as many as 20 restaurants, and i believe we tried six of them, and were never disappointed. At Bistro Food & Drinks we chose to eat on the street rather than inside the restaurant as it is fun to watch what is going on. I ordered beefsteak and chips while my wife went for the broccoli and shrimps. Both were excellent and i had to resist the temptation of returning here again for the same dish, but i normally like to try a different restaurant for each meal, and in Vietnam we were never disappointed with our choices.

To sum up, quick service, smiling waitress and delicious food.

As i mentioned previously there are many restaurants on Ta Hien Street and we ate there each evening, but at a different one each night. I believe that they are all good so you cannot go wrong by dining at any of them. Most restaurants offer seating inside and outside, and we always sat outside on little stools, while enjoying people watching. There were probably more Vietnamese than foreigners and we enjoyed conversations with many of the locals.
steak and chips
broccoli and veg
the menu
the restaurant
davejo says:
And of course Thai food is very different in London restaurants than Thailand. Here, in Puerto Princesa we used have Vietnamese restaurants because there was a large Vietnamese refugee camp, but nearly all of them have moved on to different countries
Posted on: Jan 26, 2017
Cho says:
I enjoyed the food in Vietnam too. However, I find the Vietnamese food at restaurants here in the US a bit different than in Hanoi. The same with other ethnic foods. In most cases, not as good as in the country of origin.
Posted on: Jan 26, 2017