Bistro 829

www.bistro829.com - (281) 646-0829

Bistro 829 Katy Reviews

wade_jones22 wade_jon…
Something special in Katy May 18, 2008
Coming from Beaumont, Texas, a town dominated by chain restaurants, I am always on the look out for new places to eat that offer something different. Don't get me wrong, I like to go to places like Outback and Chili's from time to time, but the menu is always the same and you don't get the same feeling at a chain restuarant as you do at a nicer establishment where you know the meal was cooked by an expert chef just for you.

Bistro 829 is a smaller place in Katy, Texas that I stumbled upon while visiting a friend who lived near by. My friend is a bartender at the restuarant which is actually what lured me in. I was staying at his place and decided I'd go up there for a meal while I waited on him to get off work. Since then, I make a point to go in whenever I visit. In addition to having wonderful food, the bistro has live jazz which makes for a pleasant meal. The music is tasteful and unobtrusive so as not to drownout conversations.

I have enjoyed sampling the various dishes the restaurant has to offer. Each dish is a creative fusion of herbs and sauces. No matter how extravagent or simple your tastes are you will be able to find the perfect meal. I have gone in there simply starving and ordered a nice filet mignon, and I have gone in there wanting to try something new and got the boar chops stuffed with fresh bazil and provologne cheese. They also have an ample wine list that will satisfy even the most discerning wine connoisseur. Bistro 829 even offers a "Wine Dinner" consisting of several courses complimented by specially chosen wines. This is $65 USD per person, but I have yet to try it since I go in there alone.

Check Katy Hotel Deals