Bistango Ristorante

(212) 725-8484

Bistango Ristorante New York Reviews

emjaaay2 emjaaay2
Affordable "neighborhood" Italian Cuisine May 23, 2012
I went to Bistango with a bunch of my girlfriends. It was like a good-bye kind of thing, so there was a handful of us.

We were all starving, so we got there 30 minutes ahead of our reservation time. The place doesn't get busy until like 7PM, so if you eat dinner early, or extremely hungry like we were, hit the place early. (Take into fact that we went on a Tuesday).

The staff were really friendly. Our waitress was very kind to us. The bread came out before we even looked at our menus, which was really nice. They were a bit cold though, which I don't understand since we were like the 4th dinner customer they had.

I can't recall what everyone ordered, but I ordered Salmon fillet with Lemon juice and a Gavi wine. The wine was a bit pricey $10, according to my friends. But I like my wine with my fish so I ordered. One of my friends ordered a spinach salad, which she really enjoyed.

My salmon was cooked very well, but my potatoes could've used some more seasoning or so. Like I said, I don't recall what everyone ordered individually, but the best dish was the Grilled hanger steak. Two of my friends ordered it, one was medium cooked and the other was well done. The medium was cooked just right, and it was delicious! One other thing is their Gluten-free menu is so diverse, someone else ordered the ravioli, and she really enjoyed it!

The worst dish was Cavtelli con Salsicca. The girl who ordered it was so disappointed that it was a 'healthy' dish. I guess it was mostly because she was hungry, but it really doesn't have any "zing" to it. The colors are nice, but to her, it wasn't filling.

Overall, the place has a nice mood and a place to try out if you're walking by or around the neighborhood.

Check New York Hotel Deals