Bishnoi Village Safari

Bishnoi Village Safari - Herd of Black Bucks

Bishnoi Village Safari Jodhpur Reviews

pathfynder pathfynd…
A Safari to Bishnoi Village Oct 07, 2008
There are lots of instances when we crave to do things that are so important to us. I am visiting Jodhpur since the year 2006. Being an active travel writer and photographer I have read/seen so much about these Safaris, which takes place nearby Jodhpur villages.

Bishnoi Village got its fame due to Mr Salman Khan’s Black buck killing episode. Its around 35 kms from Jodhpur. My trip actually happened courtesy the owners of Mandore Guest House who organize such safari. We left the guest house at 5.30 Am so as to reach on time. It took us almost 30 minutes in a low traffic condition to be there on the villages. On the way I could also manage to capture a brilliant moment of Sunrise.

Just after we left the main highway we could spot the difference. The roads were almost empty and there were only peacocks and other birds for company. Little bit more in the interior and I already had my camera with a zoom lens powered on. There were herds of deer on both the sides. As we were riding my Innova the sound of engine was not too load to disturb them (as against the Jeep which is generally used for Safari). It was only when we stopped & opened the gate that deers realized our existence. Deers have got such a beautiful eyes that when they look at you its a extremely soothing feeling. When I walked slowly towards them with camera they started running in opposite direction. And do they run, no they just start galloping.

We proceed in much more interior of jungle where we spotted a herd of Black Bucks . Black Bucks are the most preserved animal is this belt. It is said that Black buck have got a very weak heart & they can even die with sound of a horn or a touch of human. It is this very reason that the villagers worship them so much. It is also the reason that Mr Khan is facing more punishment then any other hunting he would have done in his entire life.

After taking some amazing shots of black bucks we proceeded to the actual village. The time was around 7.00 Am and the ladies of houses were already busy preparing the meals. This was because the males are supposed to leave for farms by 7.30 Am. Even at 7.00 AM in the morning the ladies were all dressed in the traditional costumes with heavy local jewelry. We visited 2-3 houses and were offered Tea/Gud/Beedi/Afeem at all the respective places. There were old men who were so affectionate and lovable that they treated me like I was one of them. The villagers do not care a damn about what you wear and what you do. They would treat you equal only if you talk with them and sit with them. I sat with them on their own handmade Camel wool’s carpet and drank tea made of goat’s milk. I also met one old man aged 78 years who still makes these carpets though his eyesight has given away.

It was such a fantastic feeling to meet people who are so transparent and caring. For the time I was with them I just lost every thing about my business, the bank balance and what not.

It was worth a visit and I am really enlightened with the experience of meeting such a beautiful animals and even beautiful human beings.
A male Black Buck