Birreria

200 5th Avenue, New York, NY, USA
Birreria - the TB meet-up having drinks :)
Birreria - fun times
Birreria - more beers!
Birreria - me with the girls!
Birreria - where the beers are made!
Birreria - La Birreria
Birreria - there is few kind of beers!

Birreria New York Reviews

bubu932 bubu932
little Italian tour! Jul 22, 2012
First of all, I was in NYC for my first time Travel Buddy Meet-up organized by Glynnes , and I had an awesome day. During the meet-up we walking around in the city and we stop by at the La Birreria for a couple drinks! Since I have Italian background and there were everything Italian. I really enjoyed everything about this place and is one of the better Biergartens I have been to, but I was expecting a lot more considering its location above Eataly. La Birreria is located on the rooftop of Eataly on the 14th floor. And we all TB groups went there and we had to split 10 people for table and the rest would be at the bar and everyone agreed with that. After about 10 minutes we got called upstairs. The space was pretty expansive and really nice with many beer casks behind the bar. They even have a retractable roof for the cold weather months. The day we went it was really hot outside and, while they had a good amount of fans turned on, it was still sweltering. Surprisingly, the fans rights above the bar were turned off. It started to get really cramped near the bar but luckily was not that crowed!

Secondly, The beer menu was very expansive and they had multiple house beers on tap. This was leaps and bounds better than the complete lack of options at The Standard Biergarten. The TB friends and I stayed a few hours so I got to try a few of the house beers. My favorite was the Baladin Nora Sour which had notes of Ginger, Orange Peel, and Myrrh. It was delicious and very refreshing on a hot day! One of the most unique beers and probably best beers I have had. I also tried one of their house cask beers the Wonda which is a Chestnut Mild Ale. It was OK but nothing spectacular. I also had the Ommegang Rare Vos Ale (with Notes of Orange and Coriander) and the Gina (a Thyme Pale Ale). Both were just OK.

Never knew Eataly had a rooftop beer garden. I would defy go back, must go with groups of friends like I did and will be more fun, I heard that the food is not so cheap but is good! Cheers :)
the TB meet-up having drinks :)
me with the girls!
fun times
where the beers are made!
bubu932 says:
Oh wow, what a great surprise I got!! Now I am having a good feeling and special about my feature review, I took 2 days to write a nice review and it worthy...thank you so much for congratulating me and all the smiles I had! wish all of you a nice week :)
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review Bruno! well done have a great day!:)
simsing says: