Birmingham Central Backpackers

Birmingham Central Backpackers Rates and Deals

Birmingham Central Backpackers Reviews

SirRosco SirRosco
Just a hostel but nothing SO special Nov 16, 2012
I arrived here late at night and it is situated in a calm side street but still very close to downtown.

The welcoming in there was nice and the check-in really uncomplicated. Some hostel guests relaxed in a common room watching a soccer game on a big screen with a projector.

This room contains also a bar counter, the reception and another chillout-part with a sofa being old as the hills. During breakfast I was always scared getting sucked in and never coming out lol

Breakfast was fair. Some toasted bread, jam, an apple and some pseudo-orange-juice (I think it was just sugar + flavor)...

The room itself was a 12 bed dorm filled with some pretty antisocial bunch of girls talking loudly even at nighttimes with full lights while others intend to sleep... (hostel cannot be blamed for it, I know...)

Furthermore there is a shower for exibitionists directly inside the room - I doubt someone ever uses it...

Right beside there is a sink and a toilet is on the floor.

After the first night and a hang-out downtown my bed was occupied by someone else however I put my own pillow and blanket onto it... My pillow was rediscovered on a shelf and my own extra-blanket was vanished... I talked to the dude lying in my bed and he swore that the bed was made and he had no clue that it was mine. I believed him because he said that he wouldn't make any trouble and changing beds with me which wasn't the major problem - bed is bed actually... But I wanted my blanket back.

At the reception they had no clue and searched in the room with us... The girl at the reception desk was torn between shiftlessness and actionism. After she realized how mad I was that my belongings are taken away by someone she came to the conclusion that probably the housekeeper took it and washed it and that it's in the laundry. Well on my next (and last) day I got the blanket back. Yes it was in the laundry. So there was a good intention behind all that although it wasn't necessary...^^

The rooms are enormously colorful and reminded me a bit of the Techno-90'ies or simply a color explosion by Jackson Pollock.

But there wasn't an ambiance behind it...

Nevertheless it is a hostel and does its job, so I wouldn't hesitate coming back fot it (if Birmingham would over something interesting in future....)
Yes, the white door is a shower in…
12 bed dorm
12 bed dorm lockers
12 bed dorm sink

Birmingham Central Backpackers Overview

Set in central Birmingham, the Birmingham Central Backpackers is within an easy walk from St Martin in the Bull Ring and Bull Ring Birmingham. The neighbourhood is well-known for shopping. Set in Broad Street, the hostel is a perfect base while in Birmingham.

The Birmingham Central Backpackers's neighbourhood is known for its nightlife and you'll be spoilt for choice deciding on the place to go and let loose.

Birmingham Central Backpackers Amenities

• High-speed Internet
  • Coffee / Tea Maker
  • Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels