Birdnest @ Bunyonyi Resort

Lake Bunyonyi, Uganda
0754 252560

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Birdnest @ Bunyonyi Resort Lake Bunyonyi Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Rest and Relaxation Jun 08, 2013
My husband and I, made a stop at Lake Bunyonyi for an overnight after our Gorilla tracking adventure. We initially were to stay at Bushara Island, but the accommodation there was really not what we were looking for after the tracking; we wanted something a little nicer to rest and enjoy the evening. We left Bushara Island and headed back to Lake Bunyonyi resort to the very first accommodation we had seen entering the resort area. That happened to be Birdnest.

We did not have a reservation, as walk ins, we were not sure if we would get a room for the night seeing as it was a little bust in the area. But as luck would have it, the manager Pablo had a beautiful room for us overlooking the lake. He also gave me a great price as a tour operator. The rack rate is $150 a night for a double room, I paid $120.

The room was beautifully furnishes with warm tones of orange, brown and touches of black and white in a few areas. The huge bay doors opened to the beautiful lake and the terrace down below. It was the perfect place to relax and rest after a morning in the rain forest of Bwindi.

I requested for warm water to shower; since the water needed to be heated up, we went ahead and ordered refreshing drinks and sat down at the terrace overlooking the lake. It was nothing short of perfect.

Our accommodation was half board meaning dinner and breakfast were included in the price of the room. We ordered dinner before I went up for the shower; I was however disappointed that the water was not as warm as I wanted it seeing as I needed the warm/hot water to ease the tension on my chest from not breast feeding my baby who I had left at home for the first time in 15 months.

That aside, dinner was read when I came back down to the terrace after my shower. I had ordered a pizza, while Mark went with the menu dinner which turned out to be more than he could finish. My Pizza was disappointing because I ordered a Margarita pizza and ended up with an onion pizza with so much onion I could barely eat 2 pieces. I mentioned it to the waitress who told the chef. The chef came by to inquire and I showed him what I was talking about. He was apologetic but did not offer to replace it, so I ended up with no dinner.

Unless you really like onion, I would not recommend their margarita pizza, unless they change it.

All in all, our stay was pleasant and the property is beautiful.

PS: Do not leave for tomorrow what you can do today!

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Lake Bunyonyi Map